Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Yet Another $10NL Video

[ QUOTE ]
I'd never fold the aces in that spot. There is too many draw's there for someone to be min-raising with a made hand i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, particularly given his stats, jamming is good there. Timing out actually did me a favour though. (sigh)

[ QUOTE ]

The AJ suckout - tough decision. The min-raise could of easily been a FD and when he didnt 3bet pre-flop its hard to see him having a highr Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was pretty nitty though. Given his PFR I'm not surprised he's not 3-betting AJ/AQ or maybe even AK.

[ QUOTE ]

AKo when you raiseed, then got a re-raise and a flat call. I dont think i would check-raise with 3 seeing the flop. HU's i would, but when you having the original 3 bet still to act i'd kinda wary that he plans on checking-raising. I'd either 4bet pre, or donk the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I'd check fold there unless I have a HUGE read, but the flop action was so weird. Normally those little bets are FD or some small pair, likely something like 55/66 that was set mining. I think he might have folded to a checkraise.

I don't think the preflop raiser is going to check with a big pair with two their players in the hand. I'd expect him to play pretty straightforeward and bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice video CMAR,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]

liked the BW at the end aswell. I am sure the PM's were flying in from the ladies of FRNL after they saw that!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - I'll never tell!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:53 PM

Very entertaining, nice suckout w/ the AJo!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 AM

Cmar,

You seem to raise suited connectors both to open and after limpers. Is this something you normally do or was it because of the level?

Also, you get kings a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You seem to raise suited connectors both to open and after limpers. Is this something you normally do or was it because of the level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, fairly frequently, particularly with position.

I like playing SC's in raised pots. It's obv higher variance but I feel like it gives me a lot more FE when I flop a big draw. It also makes playing for stacks a lot easier when I want too.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I tried to watch the video, but it made me realize that I could never stack tables, so I only made it like 15mins in

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I find it sooo much easier than shifting my attention all over the monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

To pick this up again. I used to tile my tables around, too until I saw CMARs video. Today I gave stacked tables a try.

Well, I must get used to it, but I am sure it will help me in two ways:

1. I can open one or two tables more than normal.

2. I always tended to be result oriented, which is probably a leak many new players have, and even the knowledge about the idea behind EV, longterm results and similar concepts does not help every time. Having the table disappear right after the bet, fold, call, whatever made it easier to concentrate on the situation as it is for me.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 AM

finally got this working (using winamp). I enjoyed it.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 AM

I have watched it and I would play a lot of situations pretty much the same. I have slowed down though with raising the SC from early position, I now more often fold or limp, raising like 20% of the time.

*With the AJ suckout hand I would have just called his raise and see what he would do on the turn, most players at this level aren't betting their draw again as a semibluff, so if he bets again I will fold (weak aces didn't fit his stats very well).

*I wouldn't have threebet the unknown with AJs.

*I would have limped with KJs in MP behind one limper (very early on in the video)

*I might have laid down the AK hand after the threebet, don't remember the stats of these guys, would be read dependent.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM

Really nice vid and funny too, loved the commentaries and the explanation on the stats, was quite usefull to see that in action by a more experienced player than myself, it makes much more sense now. Vnh

[ QUOTE ]

2. I always tended to be result oriented, which is probably a leak many new players have, and even the knowledge about the idea behind EV, longterm results and similar concepts does not help every time. Having the table disappear right after the bet, fold, call, whatever made it easier to concentrate on the situation as it is for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense, i will try to give it a go aswell.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 PM

I don't really see how the video could be downloaded?
Is it necessary to subscribe for that megaupload program first?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see how the video could be downloaded?
Is it necessary to subscribe for that megaupload program first?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't need to subscribe or pay for anything.

Click the link in my original post.

Enter the code (captcha) into the box marked "here:"

Click the "Download" button.

You now have two options to download. Either "Premium Download" which you have to pay or or wait 45 seconds for the free download.

Wait 45 seconds.

Click "Free download".

Download.