Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: NL Cash Heads up at Pokerstars?

And the funny thing is, they have a check box on their filter for "1 on 1"
Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM

rofl... maybe it's not as far off as we think then ;p
Old 07-19-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rofl... maybe it's not as far off as we think then ;p

[/ QUOTE ]
*sigh*
Here is an Email i got back from them after i sent email#10 to them yesterday..........

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your interest in our heads-up tables.

We realize that many players enjoy the heads-up environment. However, these tables were an ongoing source of several problems, from table squatters to internal technical issues. In addition, these games were originally intended only as a temporary replacement for such games that had been offered in the play money section of the site years ago.

Faced with the decision of whether or not to return these games following our 5 Billionth Hand promotion, we decided not to continue offering these games at this time.

If you wish to continue to play in a heads-up environment, please consider our Shootout tournaments, which offer a heads-up matchplay event similar to NBC's Heads-Up Championship (a single-elimination bracket, win or be eliminated). We also offer single match heads up Sit & Go tournaments for as little as $5 on the Sit and Go tab.

Thank you for your understanding and, as always, for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

StephenT
PokerStars Support Team

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 AM

Seems like I've seen a response similar to this somewhere. What is a table squatter anyway? Someone like Grimmstar? Thanks dude.

I don't understand how a great site like Stars is incapable/unwilling to run heads up cash tables. Even UB can do it for chrissakes. And is it true that the only stakes they ever tried was 1c/2c? If so, they really can't use player behavior from that limit as an excuse to not offer the games, especially if it was a few years ago during the stupid fish boom.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like I've seen a response similar to this somewhere. What is a table squatter anyway? Someone like Grimmstar? Thanks dude.

I don't understand how a great site like Stars is incapable/unwilling to run heads up cash tables. Even UB can do it for chrissakes. And is it true that the only stakes they ever tried was 1c/2c? If so, they really can't use player behavior from that limit as an excuse to not offer the games, especially if it was a few years ago during the stupid fish boom.

[/ QUOTE ]
sent them another email. basicly stating that it was pathetic that small low-traffic sites were able to pull this off, but the so-called largest site on the net, was having "many problems". so i will keep emailing them until they,either give in, or close my account.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
sent them another email. basicly stating that it was pathetic that small low-traffic sites were able to pull this off, but the so-called largest site on the net, was having "many problems". so i will keep emailing them until they,either give in, or close my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP has unlimited HU tables through 10/20 which basically eliminates the problem of table squatters.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well don't overdo it and annoy the hell out of them.

Seems like the high stakes players are doing their heads up matches on Stars private tables. Maybe some of them with a bit more clout could chime in and make a push for this.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:41 AM

why are they fighting this so hard?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM

Its simple, Stars wont cater to their players as much as Full Tilt will, this will ultimately keep losing customers and they will suffer a little less profit for being idiots
Old 07-19-2007, 10:51 AM

FTP has unlimited HU tables through 10/20 which basically eliminates the problem of table squatters.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. but what i am aiming for really is a place for people like me who have a smallish Online BR, like 13 buy @ NL100, to play HU cash, learn& earn, at a level that is reasonable compared to br. i still play 1/2hu@ full tilt, but id rather play with a little less risk of Ruin than playing,with 1/13 or even 1/7 of my bank roll on the table. i even started playin 40bb stacks...eeww. i figure 25nl,or 50NL, would be nice.