Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Value in turning my hand into a bruff...?

So just to clarify... if you are villain with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I fire an 80%psb on the river, everyone is calling...?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM

I'm confident that if I had of turned this hand around and posted from villains perspective with a flush to a river PSB, everyone would be like "mmm fold".
Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 PM

he not have FH, he not call decent sized value bet. confusious says make small value bet. He be like "I can't fold, I have an ace kicker" then own him. Lolz.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM

If villain is good and sees you as decent, I wouldn't like your line as it isn't very believable - king probably raises flop and ten folds turn.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Alright if you hadn't figured it out yet, I checked behind and villain took the pot with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]... and it got me to thinking... thus this post. Maybe villain calls with worse, maybe he folds better... I guess that part is player dependent. But I don't think its as clear-cut as one might first think...
Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM

yeah well now you posted results but i was going to say that his betting and his timing are very consistent with a higher flush and i think he has that actually a very large percentage of the time, not small at all. and you're right, a K almost never. so i love the bet tbh.

to me this is sort of similar to the T straight hand that i posted that everyone hated. i don't love that hand but i think this is a much better situation as you're playing for the WHOLE pot. for some reason people don't like turning made hands into bluffs round here.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah well now you posted results but i was going to say that his betting and his timing are very consistent with a higher flush and i think he has that actually a very large percentage of the time, not small at all. and you're right, a K almost never. so i love the bet tbh.

to me this is sort of similar to the T straight hand that i posted that everyone hated. i don't love that hand but i think this is a much better situation as you're playing for the WHOLE pot. for some reason people don't like turning made hands into bluffs round here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah those were my thoughts, I don't know why I put [small number]..

Lefort + Vanessa > World
Old 10-25-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah those were my thoughts, I don't know why I put [small number]..

Lefort + Vanessa > World

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he has a flush here a decent amount of the time and that it is a scary board, just saying that your line isnt very believable with a boat IMO as ud prob raise flop with a king and fold turn with a ten, seeing as I expect him to have flush or better/air here given turn bet - I don't like ur bet, against poor players who dont look at lines its obv fine.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:54 PM

oh and one more thing your line is perfectly consistent with a K that was slowplaying flop but obv got scared by the flush. so a K here makes the most sense for you out of all hands, i think. It's almost always a K or baby flush and he won't put you on shoving a baby flush, so this should work a lot a lot a lot
Old 10-25-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and one more thing your line is perfectly consistent with a K that was slowplaying flop but obv got scared by the flush. so a K here makes the most sense for you out of all hands, i think. It's almost always a K or baby flush and he won't put you on shoving a baby flush, so this should work a lot a lot a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, if i'm HIM with a king, i check the river 100%