Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Report: Al Qaeda Planning Summer Terror Spectacular

I'll tell you what's despicable:

[ QUOTE ]
A secret U.S. law enforcement report, prepared for the Department of Homeland Security, warns that al Qaeda is planning a terror "spectacular" this summer, according to a senior official with access to the document.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing planned press releases and pretending they're secret reports, from "senior officials", has been a favorite tacting of the Bush administration, and the media has played along. Can't you see through this crap? This is government PR spin, pure and simple.

As for the rest: the American response to 9/11 has been overwhelming cowardice. You've let yourself be cowed by government officials into allowing torture, the destruction of Habeas Corpus (a sacred and ancient right), the imprisonment of innocent men without trial, unchecked domestic spying and suppression of truth (arbitrary gag orders), and the unprecedented attacking of a sovereign nation without provocation or threat.

The real danger comes from within your country, not from terrorists. After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the country didn't collapse under the weight of its own cowardice. Why on 9/11? Yes, it was shocking, but it was also just another terrorist attack. The UK and many other countries around the world have lived with them for years without resorting to the cowardice we see in the US.

[ QUOTE ]
It is times like these that we need to remind ourselves of the threats that we face and reaffirm our resolve to protect our homeland.

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly is average Joe going to do as a result of this proclamation? I'm pretty sure people already watch middle eastern dudes pretty closely. What more do you suggest they do?

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I have been absolutely sickened by some of the conspiracy theory posts that have been popping up in this forum over the past couple of weeks. To suggest that the US government orchestrated the attacks of 9/11 is despicable and insult to the people who lost their lives that day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some of the very families of the people who lost their lives have come to believe the same thing. I think they have more right to decide what is and isn't an insult to their dead loved ones.

And while the evidence suggests it's clearly idiocy, these rumors are largely fueled by the actions of an evil administration.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:30 AM

"As for the rest: the American response to 9/11 has been overwhelming cowardice. You've let yourself be cowed by government officials into allowing torture, the destruction of Habeas Corpus (a sacred and ancient right), the imprisonment of innocent men without trial, unchecked domestic spying and suppression of truth (arbitrary gag orders), and the unprecedented attacking of a sovereign nation without provocation or threat."

Yes, you are a twit, but not very notable. Please, stay where you are, there is plenty of manure here, you dont need to add to it
Old 07-03-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"As for the rest: the American response to 9/11 has been overwhelming cowardice. You've let yourself be cowed by government officials into allowing torture, the destruction of Habeas Corpus (a sacred and ancient right), the imprisonment of innocent men without trial, unchecked domestic spying and suppression of truth (arbitrary gag orders), and the unprecedented attacking of a sovereign nation without provocation or threat."

Yes, you are a twit, but not very notable. Please, stay where you are, there is plenty of manure here, you dont need to add to it

[/ QUOTE ]
How long is copey going to be able to troll before being awarded a vacation from the forum? Every other post (I'm being generous by saying just that many) is nothing but insulting and trollish.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll tell you what's despicable:

[ QUOTE ]
A secret U.S. law enforcement report, prepared for the Department of Homeland Security, warns that al Qaeda is planning a terror "spectacular" this summer, according to a senior official with access to the document.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing planned press releases and pretending they're secret reports, from "senior officials", has been a favorite tacting of the Bush administration, and the media has played along. Can't you see through this crap? This is government PR spin, pure and simple.

As for the rest: the American response to 9/11 has been overwhelming cowardice. You've let yourself be cowed by government officials into allowing torture, the destruction of Habeas Corpus (a sacred and ancient right), the imprisonment of innocent men without trial, unchecked domestic spying and suppression of truth (arbitrary gag orders), and the unprecedented attacking of a sovereign nation without provocation or threat.

The real danger comes from within your country, not from terrorists. After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the country didn't collapse under the weight of its own cowardice. Why on 9/11? Yes, it was shocking, but it was also just another terrorist attack. The UK and many other countries around the world have lived with them for years without resorting to the cowardice we see in the US.

[ QUOTE ]
It is times like these that we need to remind ourselves of the threats that we face and reaffirm our resolve to protect our homeland.

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly is average Joe going to do as a result of this proclamation? I'm pretty sure people already watch middle eastern dudes pretty closely. What more do you suggest they do?

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I have been absolutely sickened by some of the conspiracy theory posts that have been popping up in this forum over the past couple of weeks. To suggest that the US government orchestrated the attacks of 9/11 is despicable and insult to the people who lost their lives that day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some of the very families of the people who lost their lives have come to believe the same thing. I think they have more right to decide what is and isn't an insult to their dead loved ones.

And while the evidence suggests it's clearly idiocy, these rumors are largely fueled by the actions of an evil administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

When me and Phil both agree that you're wrong, you are wrong!

Good post by the way Phil.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How long is copey going to be able to troll before being awarded a vacation from the forum? Every other post (I'm being generous by saying just that many) is nothing but insulting and trollish.

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK Copernicus is friends with Mason and/or David, so he can do whatever he wants.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
26 out of 98 voting people on this board believe the govt was involved intentionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah...and 26 out of 98 Americans support George Bush. You are a psycho.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Osama's primary grievance against the US was the presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact is that the Osama and other radical Islamists will attack us no matter what we do.

[/ QUOTE ]
err...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I should have said: Osama will find an excuse to attack us no matter what we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

since osama is dead i have some doubts in that.
even if you believe he isn't dead, wouldn't you believe your government that he is not such a big threat and he's not a target anymore?
Old 07-03-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for what countries we were occupying, a better question would be: which countries does the US NOT have troops in? We have troops in more than 50% of the countries in the world, and a military budget bigger than the rest of the UN security counsel combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember who, but very recently (as in a day or so ago maybe) someone at 2+2 basically said this, "yet you don't see any of the other people using terrorism against the USA" And he's right. We have troops in 50% of the countries in the world? Yet no one else is bombing us/plane-ing us. Having troops in Middle Eastern countries is just an excuse - if they weren't there, Al Queada would find another excuse.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to end terrorism it's simple : stop occupying countries. Terrorism is directly caused by occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What country were we occupying on 9/11?

[/ QUOTE ]

google my friend.

Military occupation is the period of time following a nation's territory invasion by an enemy faction(military) - wikipedia

Invasion, conquest, and control of a nation or territory by foreign armed forces - American Heritage Dictionary
Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"This is reminiscent of the warnings and intelligence we were getting in the summer of 2001," the official told ABCNews.com."

[/ QUOTE ]

July 26, 2001 -- John Ashcroft removes all commercial airline flights from his travel plans

q/q