Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Vegas high stakes?

[ QUOTE ]
Legally Gabe can't prohibit anyone from playing in his game.
The reality is obviously far different.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

true. If the V wants to keep his game, they will accommodate - and rightfully so.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can they "accommodate" when legally they can't (to my knowledge) hold a private game. I remember in that Suicide King book when Beal first came to Vegas. He/They wanted a head up table but the rules prohibited it. Forrest crashed the party that 1st night and made it 3 handed with Reese.

So what steps could the V take to "accommodate"?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

true. If the V wants to keep his game, they will accommodate - and rightfully so.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can they "accommodate" when legally they can't (to my knowledge) hold a private game. I remember in that Suicide King book when Beal first came to Vegas. He/They wanted a head up table but the rules prohibited it. Forrest crashed the party that 1st night and made it 3 handed with Reese.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think goes along the lines of, 'no shirt, no shoes, no service'
Old 10-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Who plays in the 100-200 game.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the host says "please don't play", either you crash the game and earn a bad reputation or you respect the hosts wishes. A gamblers reputation is very important at these stakes, its not worth risking it for one night of action.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the host says "please don't play", either you crash the game and earn a bad reputation or you respect the hosts wishes. A gamblers reputation is very important at these stakes, its not worth risking it for one night of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also if the players in the game at there at the 'invitation' of Gabe, it is fair to assume they will sit out if Gabe asks them to, should you force your way into a game.

Furthermore, the Venetian are not obliged to provide service to anybody they dont want to, so they can ask you to leave at any time and for any (legal-non discriminatory) reason.

There was a thread not so long ago when Lassandro (sp?) tried to agte carsh a game at Caesars, as I remember, he didnt get to play and just caused a huge rucus.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 PM

The game in Bobby's room will run 4-5 days a week, unless most of the players are out of town for a tournament. It's the most consistant nose bleed limit game on the west coast.

BTW, Negreaneau doesn't play the big game hardly ever since that massive hit for 7 figures. This crap on the radio interview the other day at the WCOOP ME about it "Rarely running is why I dont play it" is total BS.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:09 AM

The Bellagio 10/20 was simply *amazing* during the WSOP but I expect its no where near as good now. I still think Vegas 10/20 is much harder than Commerce 10/20 overall. Its too bad, because Vegas has such a good 1/2 - 5/10 scene.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:15 AM

Who are the regs that play in the big game, if you don't mind?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are the regs that play in the big game, if you don't mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't konw now but here's a list of people who I think have played it in the past:
- Doyle
- Barry G.
- Chip Reese
- Phil Ivey
- Chau Giang
- Tuan Le
- Sammy F.
- Howard L.
- Freddy Deeb
- Jason Lester
- Todd Brunson
- Gus Hansen
- Ted Forrest
- Eli Elezra
- Jennifer Harman
- David Grey
- Minh Ly
- David Benyamine
- Ralph Perry
Old 10-07-2007, 07:17 PM

Thanks I was kinda wondering who were the regs that keep it going 4 to 5 times a week