Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Why does this guy even play poker?

I strongly advocate my opponents to fold AA preflop. Leave it be.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are stupid.

He folded AA preflop.

No one cares.

/end thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Likely he had AA 4 other times during the day and didn't want to [censored] with well established poker math on the bubble.
Obviously he's been reading BBV.
Excellent laydown.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 AM

how many chips did he have when he was busy folding? what was the average? what was his position out of how many people? not that i care, but beyond the fact that wtf, omg someone played possibly poorly one time so meh, it's possible it wasn't all that wrong if at all.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how many chips did he have when he was busy folding? what was the average? what was his position out of how many people? not that i care, but beyond the fact that wtf, omg someone played possibly poorly one time so meh, it's possible it wasn't all that wrong if at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does any of that matter? You never fold pocket aces preflop in this tournament situation under any circumstance.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 PM

You absolutely cannot say that there is no situation in which it is not only ok, but required, to fold pocket aces preflop. Sklansky himself has shown that, at times, it is the only intelligent course.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny this topic has come back to life. He was actually well above average, probably in the 40BB range. At first I thought the guy was crazy, but I think just cashing for him was a huge mental hurdle. Once he did that, I was a bit surprised to see him take 11th place.

He showed up in Reno too but didn't come close to making tough preflop laydowns on the bubble. Heh.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:08 AM

Be glad people like this play, they will be the ones handing you cash in the long run.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
About the only situation I can think this is possible is if he has such a short stack that even 2xing up isn't worth the risk of getting KO'd, like if he has less than 3bb's or so, is near the button, and there are one or more other shorter stacks around that are closer to the blinds, and even THEN it's pretty debatable. If he had enough chips to get them 3x, I'm guessing this was more than a one-orbit hold-on-for- dear-life situation. The fact that he actuall ponied up 10k cash for this event rather than sat'ing in cheap makes it that much worse.

So if by possible, you mean 1 time in 10,000, then yes, it is possible it wasn't wrong. But it was wrong. Just trust me.

If he was really that concerned, I'd think he could just make sure his opponent isn't getting better than 4-1 odds if he were to call vs his allin and he could raise allin, and say, "I 100% guarantee I have you beat right now, and I will show". I'm thinking everything but Kings is likely an instamuck, and kinds follow shortly behind. I doubt this would be against the rules.

And for all those saying, "who cares, someone played bad, /end thread", etc, etc; May I remind you this is a discussion forum. Some people find this subjuct interesting, even fascinating. If you don't, move along. No one is making you read posts, and some people want to DISCUSS things on a DISCUSSION board.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are stupid.

He folded AA preflop.

No one cares.

/end thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. He obv wanted to make the money (which he did), who are we to tell him what he did was wrong?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 AM

Anyone who folds pocket aces other than in a WSOP Qualifier and is on the bubble should just duck tape his balls to his [censored] and blow his brains out. I have zero respect for anyone wo would do this.