Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Jordan was overrated?

[ QUOTE ]
The 17% that voted "yes" need to be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm part of that 17%.

I think Jordan is the best player ever, and also overrated.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:59 AM

Dwade is a better defender than Kobe..and Jordan is better than Dwade. nuff said.

You think if Jordan had Shaq on his team he would have run him out of town cuz he was worried that eventhough he'd get a ring every year...people might not conisder it "his" team? I don't see it.

Are we really saying Luc Longley was a stud? Jordan had great role players and so did Kobe and Shaq...who was that dude that would always hit the game winner?? uh oh yeah Horry.

Shaq by himself...beats Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, Bucheler..who the [censored] is Bucheler?,Harper,Grant, and Longley combined.

Shaq in his prime plus Jordan plus Phil Jackson plus the rest of the players being college players...I'd put my money on that team any day.

Jordan and Shaq and Phil J...that wouldn't even be fair. They'd just give the trophy to the Bulls every year at teh start of the season.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:01 AM

Is jordan overrated? sure..same way Lance Armstrong is overrated.
Are they both the best ever in their sport-Yes

Is it a joke to compare any of todays current players to Jordan-Yes.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm part of that 17%.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you rate someone higher than best ever?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaq by himself...beats Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, Bucheler..who the [censored] is Bucheler?,Harper,Grant, and Longley combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

GJ invalidating everything you've said.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm part of that 17%.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you rate someone higher than best ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like this: I think Jordan is the best player ever. But I DON'T think he is just leaps-and-bounds, totally untouchable, no-contest better than everyone else.

That's why I think he's overrated. He's the best ever, but people act like no one else can even be mentioned in the same sentence. That's where I disagree. I think part of this is that he came to prominence at the right time, and part of it is Nike.

Wilt Chamberlain once averaged 50 points, once averaged 27 rebounds, and has career averages of 30.1 points and 22.9 rebounds! That is incredible dominance. In fact, I used to argue that Wilt was better than Jordan.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 AM

"Are we really saying Luc Longley was a stud? Jordan had great role players and so did Kobe and Shaq...who was that dude that would always hit the game winner?? uh oh yeah Horry."

These Bulls teams were absolutely stacked. You usually had about 5-7 above average players alone. No, I'm not saying these guys are studs. However, I am saying that these guys were all better than most of the players on the Lakers.

Shaq was a little worse than Jordan, Kobe a little better than Pippen. After that it's a huge dropoff.

And people are talking like Shaq + Kobe = championship, guaranteed. But they didn't win it in 2004, which was their most stacked team. Shaq and Wade, with better teammates, didn't make the finals last year and they're the underdogs to make it this year.

Ugh, why do I even bother with you? Have you ever made an intelligent post?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:36 AM

The argument your making is Kobe is close to being equal with Jordan.
Thats a joke.

Lets not even go into the fact that back when Jordan and Pippen played..if a player scored 40 points it was a huge national story. Now a days it happens every night.

Kobe is missing a huge componet of being a all time great player..and thats the mental aspect.

Yes Kobe is a great talent, in fact if he wasnt such a mental [censored] up he could be alongside Jordan in 4 or 5 years...yes he can hit great shots...yes he can take over a game...but he also destroyed the team he had. Shaq played a part but it was a mainly Kobe.

The reason they lost in 2004 was due to all the in fighting and injuries. The team was a mess. Plus Malone was hurt. With a healthy Malone and Kobe and Shaq not acting like a bunch of whiny bitches, they beat the Pistons.

Nobody in todays game is close to Jordan. Kobe and Dwade have the best shot and I'd say Dwade is more likely to get there than Kobe. Kobe is who he is and I don't ever see him changing for anything.

Does he want to win? Yes. If he could get Shaq back and be guaranteed a 90% shot to win 5 championships in a row would he do it? I'd bet money that he wouldn't.

He wants to win...but only as long as they say Kobe won another championship..not the Lakers won another championship.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:37 AM

"The argument your making is Kobe is close to being equal with Jordan.
Thats a joke."

I have made no such argument. The argument I am making is that Jordan does not make everyone around him better, something he is lauded for while Kobe is denigrated for not being able to do.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Are we really saying Luc Longley was a stud? Jordan had great role players and so did Kobe and Shaq...who was that dude that would always hit the game winner?? uh oh yeah Horry."

These Bulls teams were absolutely stacked. You usually had about 5-7 above average players alone. No, I'm not saying these guys are studs. However, I am saying that these guys were all better than most of the players on the Lakers.

Shaq was a little worse than Jordan, Kobe a little better than Pippen. After that it's a huge dropoff.

And people are talking like Shaq + Kobe = championship, guaranteed. But they didn't win it in 2004, which was their most stacked team. Shaq and Wade, with better teammates, didn't make the finals last year and they're the underdogs to make it this year.

Ugh, why do I even bother with you? Have you ever made an intelligent post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you even using Shaq and Wade? You might as well use Jordan with the Wizards. Shaq is close to being done. He's got another year or two before he is done.
Shaq in his prime plus Jordan in his prime with Horry in his prime, Rick Fox, Harper, Derek Fisher, and who ever else was on the lakers team.

I'd take that team over Kobe and the bulls with Carthright, Pippen, Longley, Kerr, and Kucoc etc any day of the week.