Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: How to te $1 and $2 No Limit Hold\'em

I just got notified that my copy shipped from bn.com. I'll let you all know what I think when I'm done reading it.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I haven't played my records since I started playing poker lol.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Turntables would have made your home games off the charts...
Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: How to Dominate $1 and $2 No Limit Hold\'em

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucker there is no other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the one and only dominator....I'm the one and only dominator....

Dude, your reference may just make me hook up my turntables again just to listen to that tune! Great call.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. That would have driven me mad otherwise, trying to work out what old hip hop tune it was. Would never have turned my mind to early 90s techno.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just received this book today...i sure hope the content is better than the quality of the paper (old and yellowish looking) and the quality of the print (looks like someone printed on a 9-pin dot matrix printer)...I'm sure neither of those are going to be good for the ole eyes trying to read 400+ pages like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for posting about the bad print editions that are being shipped by the printing company.

I’m all over the publisher; we went to the mat today. Evidently there is a glitch in the printing procedure and they are correcting it. Meanwhile, those who have received a book with faint print are encouraged to return the book for one that can be easier read.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. The publishers tell me they are too. All new orders should be up to standard.

Sam O’Connor, Author
Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam O’Connor, Author

[/ QUOTE ]

Props to you for posting here, Sam. But just so you know, this forum isn't known for pulling punches when it comes to reviewing poker books. You kind of put your head in the lion's mouth by "outing" yourself.

According to UPS, I'll be recieving my copy early next week. I'll let everyone know what I think after I've finished reading it. Sam, feel free to let me know what you think of my review.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"If we want to win more pots than just the pots planned by our share of good cards, we have to have the power image. Better yet, we must be the Dominator."

[/ QUOTE ]

But will this book let us get any hardbody blonde just dripping to wet our dock?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 AM

I ordered the book two days ago, it hasn't yet been shipped by amazon though it said it was in stock.

I ordered it mainly for three reasons. the first being that it will hold me over til no limit professional hold them comes out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

the second was the large list of contents and your 400 page information. I am interested in reading the death of the shuffle machine as it was very kind of gus hansen in poker stars invitional tourment 1 dvd.

the third part was that I enjoy the excerpt with a mini bio of how you got started. and so I am hoping after recieving the book that that easy style is maintained throughout the book.

I just click on the surpise me section from amazon and the term mr. odds is funny. that must be for the math type of player I would surmise.

so I am looking forward to review of phy as he should get this book before me, and I am just hardly just a beginner.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:58 AM

Nice to see you posting Sam.

I have a few questions:

I'm not sure if Sam is allowed to do this, but would could he suggest why we should buy his book rather than Largay, PNL etc? does 'how to dominate' refer to any particularly striking strategies, or is that just a catchphrase?

is the book aimed mostly at live play?

do you play online?

how much do you love limping?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if Sam is allowed to do this, but would could he suggest why we should buy his book rather than Largay, PNL etc? does 'how to dominate' refer to any particularly striking strategies, or is that just a catchphrase?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm obviously not the author, but the tables of contents looks better than largay's and i thought angel's book had alot of strange ideas and mixed messages (lots of good stuff too)..... and PNL isn't out yet, so how can you judge it? i'm inclined to say that up till this new book, there hasn't been an outstanding cash game NL book (and don't get me wrong, this domination book may not be it either).
Old 06-04-2007, 01:43 PM

Anyone receive their copy yet and read a bit? I just ordered mine.... Very eager to hear if there is any goodness in it?