Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Re: seif rips gold

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say verbal contracts weren't valid, I said they weren't *enforcable*. How can you enforce a verbal contract between just two people who now dispute the details?

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens all the time. You file a complaint, you try your case, and the judge or the jury happen to believe you. As with most factual disputes, this one involves a considerable amount of additional evidence: a voicemail from gold, a contract emailed from Bodog, and a transcript of an interview that Gold gave after the fact. Plus testimony from eyewitnesses.

Oral contracts are both valid and enforceable. As a matter of fact, I tried a jury case and won a $65 million verdict based primarily on an oral contract claim. That was under California law, not Nevada law, but there's absolutely no reason to think that this won't be enforced just because it's an oral contract.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say verbal contracts weren't valid, I said they weren't *enforcable*. How can you enforce a verbal contract between just two people who now dispute the details?

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens all the time. You file a complaint, you try your case, and the judge or the jury happen to believe you. As with most factual disputes, this one involves a considerable amount of additional evidence: a voicemail from gold, a contract emailed from Bodog, and a transcript of an interview that Gold gave after the fact. Plus testimony from eyewitnesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like Leyser's chances of collecting?

[ QUOTE ]

Oral contracts are both valid and enforceable. As a matter of fact, I tried a jury case and won a $65 million verdict based primarily on an oral contract claim. That was under California law, not Nevada law, but there's absolutely no reason to think that this won't be enforced just because it's an oral contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

BBV
Old 12-23-2006, 10:53 PM

Yes, I like Leyser's chances of collecting. WTF is BBV?
Old 12-23-2006, 10:54 PM

BBV = Brags, Beats & Variance forum
Old 12-23-2006, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In refusing to dissolve the Preliminary Injunction, Judge Hunt stated and it became obvious that he spent a great deal of time carefully reading Gold's affidavit, deposition testimony, pleadings, and transcripts of Gold's own radio interview and voice mail message.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're big time now baby!

Tuco.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:56 PM

Touche.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In refusing to dissolve the Preliminary Injunction, Judge Hunt stated and it became obvious that he spent a great deal of time carefully reading Gold's affidavit, deposition testimony, pleadings, and transcripts of Gold's own radio interview and voice mail message.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're big time now baby!

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had a court reporter transcribe your podcast and they filed the full text of the whole show as an exhibit. Gold's attorneys weren't expecting it and resulted in some fireworks when they brought it up. I posted links to the transcript of Gold's testimony where they haggle over your podcast in the other post on this subject. If you have an interest in seeing your words in official court-reporterese, I could send you a copy of the PDF with your podcast typed up.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:49 PM

The article was vaguely not unintersting, and then this happened:

[ QUOTE ]
We have an amazing legal system in America that properly serves as an example to the rest of the world that in the vast majority of the cases both civil and criminal here, justice will prevail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, Jesus [censored] Christ. What a sickeningly fatuous, stupid, uninformed, ridiculous thing to say.

The American justice system is the most inequitous, unfair and corrupt of it's kind wnywhere in the developed world. In fact, amongst 1st world countries, it without a shadow of a doubt the WORST justice system. And it's not even close.

Sorry, I don't know who this Seif guy is - many of you appear to hold him in some regard - but this paragrpah marks him down as a retarded, unthinking, simple-minded moron.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The American justice system is the most inequitous, unfair and corrupt of it's kind wnywhere in the developed world. In fact, amongst 1st world countries, it without a shadow of a doubt the WORST justice system. And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

this paragraph is far stupider than anything seif wrote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this paragraph is far stupider than anything seif wrote

[/ QUOTE ]

You name me a 1st world justice system that is worse than America's, and I'll bow to your greater knowledge in a heartbeat.

But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sure you can work out pot odds real well, but you clearly have fuckk all clue about much else.