Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: THE ISLE TRIP REPORT

Anybody going to JCKC tomorrow? Just wondering if anyone has a good idea of what will be going on out there, I've called them twice this week and got 2 different stories. Either way I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon.
As an aside, sounds like the Seminoles have a pretty loose interpretation of the new bill.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Question about the Hard Rocks -- did anyone see:
Green chips?
Black chips?
Real purples or yellows?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:09 PM

the overchips are on order, pretty much just stacks of cash and redbirds in the 10/25 at hard rock in tampa,says a buddy in playing there today, I posted a few of his hands in HS NL/PL for feedback.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the overchips are on order, pretty much just stacks of cash and redbirds in the 10/25 at hard rock in tampa,says a buddy in playing there today, I posted a few of his hands in HS NL/PL for feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. Cash plays. Baller. Thanks for the heads-up, I bet these hands are donktastic.

What games are on the rail now @ Tampa Hard Rock? Usually it's the SNG donkaments, but putting the big games there would rock.

For the uninitiated, the rail there shows off 3 tables and two computer terminals.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM

Naples dog track report of the worst call ever. No pre flop raise-- Flop Q 3 9 rainbow-- First seat bets 50 dollars called by 67 suited-- Yikes -
Old 07-01-2007, 08:48 PM

OMG float everyone headsup! If you can beat he 25NL games online you should tear up 1/2 live. Can't wait to have 25k to play the uncapped game at HHR. hollaaa!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody going to JCKC tomorrow? Just wondering if anyone has a good idea of what will be going on out there, I've called them twice this week and got 2 different stories. Either way I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon.
As an aside, sounds like the Seminoles have a pretty loose interpretation of the new bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give us a report of what is going on at JCKC tomorrow. I can't make it tomorrow but will be there on tuesday.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:01 PM

Even the " Ohh yeah I play on teh interweb" players suck and shy away unless they got the nuts. Nutpeddlers/morons are so easy. Got some chips and I was repopping in position with like QT and tell them to fold because they are OOP. Nope. They want to see that flop thing. With the new switch good players are going do better with understanding of position, floating, c-betting, implied odds and relative hand value. Even the more solid players have a long way to go but they don't know it. I got a general feel for it today and playing hundreds of thousands of hands of 6max is going to pay off.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Just got home from a grueling 7-hour NL100 session at The Best Bet in Jacksonville. My buddy and I got there at about 12:30 and there was a decent sized line of people at the desk. Naturally things were slow with a bunch of old people going up and asking "whatch y'all got goin'?" and it took them like 10 minutes to explain what games they were now spreading. Finally registered, saw there was like 20 people in front of me. Awesome.

Bought in for 100 whites (lol) and was immediately told by the floor that I might want to buy reds next time. Yeah, that was pretty stupid. For some reason they blinds are 2-2, not 1-2. Dunno what the purpose of that is, but whatever. Early I get 4c3c in the SB and we see a flop like 5 ways. Flop is Kd-5c-2c. I lead out for $10 and get called by crazy sunglasses-wearing black guy and old fart to my right. Turn is 7s. I try to control the betting with another $10 turn bet, crazy black guy min-raises me. Old fart cold-calls, I call. River is a red 5, lol missedfifteenoutaments. Black guy bets something, old fart calls, I muck the nut low. Black guy shows A5o and I start loling. Old fart shows K7o. Yay for two outers!

I awesomely limp Kd6d in MP and there's a bunch of limpers. Flop is K-x-x two clubs. Checked around (aka I play real real bad). Turn is a blank. Guy in BB donks out for $15, I call because I hate money and its heads up. River is another blank. He donks out $30 and I tank. I figure I can't fold now after calling the turn if I thought my hand was good so I call. He disgustingly shows K7o. WOW I play bad. Of course 7 plays.

I muck trash for a bit, limp some suited connectors here and there and whiff completely every time. I get AcKc and raise to the standard $7, guy that was probably something like 80/10 cold-calls and its heads up. Flop is Qc-x-x and I stupidly c/c a $15 bet and fold to a $30 bet on a rag turn.

I fold more [censored] for awhile and limp Ad3d in the CO. Something like 6 players see a flop of Ac-6s-3s. Checked to me, I bet $15. 80/10 guy calls in the SB, old fart calls. 80/10 yells for the board to pair so he's obviously got a flush draw. Turn is a red 8. Checked to me, I bet $40. Both guys call, [censored] blank that river one time. River is the other red 8 derp derp derp. 80/10 guy donks out for like $50, old fart folds, I fold face up and throw a minor hissy fit. Guy says "nice fold" and shows As7s. LOL? Old fart says he had smaller spades. Ass.

I rebuy for another $100 although I still had chips and the dealer instructs me to put chips in my pocket. As I fold my rags I notice that there's only like 3 people on the table who have a clue at all. One of those players who knows what he's doing goes on a [censored] card rush like you wouldn't believe. AA v AKo against table donk all in on a 8-high flop. 99 in the blind flop T-T-9. 94o in the blind flop 4-4-A. He hit hand after hand and cashed out about 2 hours after sitting with around $500.

Meanwhile I'm constantly looking at 93o, 82o, J2o, and so on. For 4 straight buttons I get a hand like 92o when its limped like 6 ways. Fantastic. Crazy black guy is throwing a party in the meantime and I'm praying for anything even remotely playable because he usually raised to something stupid like $5 or $7 with a million limpers in front. I pick up 6d3d in MP1 and limp. Bunch more limpers, probably like 6 total to the flop. Flop comes J-4-5r. ONE TIME. I c/c a $10 bet from crazy black guy, so do two others. Turn 2. I check, 80/10 guy checks, CBG bets $20, fold, I see 80/10 behind me already getting his calling chips out. Hmm. I decide to shut him out and raise to $60. He folds. CBG tanks and says something about me having the straight and folds. Gah.

I pick up a few small pots here and there while there's all kinds of retarded action going on. I saw one hand where 80/10 guy bets out on a K-4-2 board like $6 or something, guy calls. Turn rag, bet of like $10, call. River K, 80/10 bets $12, call. 80/10 guy has QQ, caller rolls 22. WTF? Ok, when that guy bets/raises, I'm folding everything lower than the immortal nuts.

I continue to miss flops with suited connectors and eventually pick up AdKd. I mix things up by limping intending to raise, but no one obliges and its like 5-way to the flop which is J-T-5 with one diamond. Flop is checked around. Turn is a nothing, Somebody bets $10, one caller, I peel, one other caller. River is a beautiful Q giving me the nuts. Guy donks right out for $20. Everyone folds to me, I make it $60. Guy shrugs and calls. I show, he shows K9 for the second nuts. ARGH. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PUSH SIR. OR BET MORE ON THE RIVER SO I CAN PUSH AND YOU CAN CALL.

I open raise in MP with As9s and get the usual callers. Flop is T-3-2 all spades, hmm. I decide to check because I like making wrong plays. Naturally everybody checks. Turn is Ad. Checked to me, I bet $15, get one caller. River blanks, caller c/f to my $25 river bet and complains about missing his draw. No sir, nice miss.

Later I pick up AsKs on the button. Shortie with about 40 in his stack raises to $12. I isolate to $40, guy calls with QQ. Ace in the window sends him packin'. I fold out the rest of my hands, all rags, and leave up $110. My buddy, who was sitting to my left, leaves up $40 or $50.

The place was [censored] PACKED with people. Every list for every game was full with at least 20 names for HOURS. They weren't even properly staffed when the day began and had to call in every available dealer and several floormen were dealing. Every single table was being used and it didn't help that they were using a bunch of tables for donk-n-goes and what-not. Apparently they filled a $250 DNG but not higher. They did change up the payouts as well as the vig which were more acceptable and also paid top 3 instead of top 2 for all but the lowest buy-in DNG. Didn't see anything about tourneys yet. Jackpot had also not started as they didn't have any drop boxes set up. Several times I would look around the room and see people just EVERYWHERE. It was a madhouse. I was expecting it to be busy but even I was surprised to see that many people there. Also, lightning struck outside in the parking lot somewhere and the power went out for a few seconds.

I saw a guy on another table call a big all-in with Q9o on a Q-7-7 board up against A7s. Like two hands after that the guy called TWO all-ins with 66 on a K-J-2 board up against AA and K8o. LOL. Chips cursed or something? Yeah I think these games are gonna be profitable.

Best thing that happened: Crazy black guy went busto and handed the dealer $30 for a rebuy. Unfortunately you have to buy in for $60 min but the dealer stacked out three stacks of white anyway. When I (and others) pointed it out, he said CBG was going to the ATM for more money. Ok, but why are you giving him $60 without getting all the money from him first? Idiot. So CBG comes back and gives the dealer $60, then changes his mind and instead wants only $40 red. So the dealer gives him $40 in red and refunds a $20. Um, but you still haven't fixed the missing $30 issue numbnuts. Dealer says he is right and that the till is good. Ok fine bro. Next dealer comes in and, hey whaddya know, the till is short $30. We explain to the new dealer what happened and of course CBG is silent. Floorman comes over and adds $30 and drops a note in the rake box and goes to the dealer that [censored] up and looks at his ID, I guess getting his ID # or name or whatever. That dealer sucked anyway.

Overall it was damn fun. Just the right amount of loose-passives and loose-aggro's to keep the game fun for the most part. The game really died when CBG decided to leave after rebuying like 10 times though. The Best Bet did a pretty good job on their first day of wildness although not being prepared for a huge rush of people was pretty short-sighted. They were at first writing down all the NL names on paper because they hadn't loaded a NL list into the computer. Other than that, I didn't have anything to complain about, but I pity the people who got there at around 2pm.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Logged a 6.5 hours session at Derby Lane in the 1-2 NO LIMIT..........BAD NEWS.

Lost $213

The good news is that the majority was lost on bad luck rather than bad play.

Hope to bounce back tomorrow and hoping a change of venues will bring me luck as I'm headed over to the infamous Tampa Greyhound.

-FH-