Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Per request, My Experience with PokerTek ePoker Tables as per req

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tasim:

Perhaps your post was worded wrong, but from how I read it it doesn't seem like you are correct. I think the floor would have shared the hand history if they knew there was an error, I think they have a responsibility to do so as per California law. It sounds as if you made some assumptions, you cannot tell that the floor could see your hand at showdown, you shouldn't assume this is true without further investigation.

I'm sorry... its just that something doesn't add up. I'm sure your intentions are good, but this really does sound like a human error situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe OP is stating what was observed as well as what he perceived (floor person acting weird). The OP left it as the issue was not addressed. There was no evidence presented to him of human error or machine error. It was left unaddressed. It would be incorrect to assume human error.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to believe that it would NOT be incorrect to assume human error.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played these machines a few times at the Hard Rock in Hollywood, FL, and they always seemed efficient to me. My wild guess would be that even though you thought you hit the "call" button on the touchscreen, you easily could have hit the "fold" button.

As a previous poster said, when these kinds of threads turn up about a hand online, it usually turns out that the poster either made an error or had a faulty memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can 100% guarantee this was not the case. As I said in my post, the floor replayed the hand for everyone at the table to see. A graphic comes up on the screen when someone Calls. On top of that, every action must be confirmed by hitting a seperate button. When you call, your virtual chips are placed on the staging line, a sound of chips being placed on the table is played, and you hit "Confirm 'Call'

The screen shows me calling, it shows the Ace High hand being shown, and my hand not being shown and mucked, which it is not suppose to do.

I posted this whole recap of what happened on my poker club's message board the minute I got home. I don't drink or do drugs..... I'd been playing for hours before this happened. I know exactly what happened and what I did and did not do.

Why would I make this story up? I'm not looking to sue anyone. I just thought people should know.

Edit: The owner of the FLB card room has posted on our forum in response to my post and says that PokerTek sent him an e-mail saying that I did not in fact have Q 8 suited... that I in fact had Q 9 offsuit. Obviously, it is going to be impossible for me to prove who is wrong in this case, as it is their word against mine. If nothing else, I hope this post was informational for some of you.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:20 PM

Have you forwarded this information to PokerTek?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Have you forwarded this information to PokerTek?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you this.... why would PokerTek, the company that makes this product, admit to me, or someone they sold 7 (I believe) of these machines to, that there is a bug in their software that has already been approved by gaming commissions nation-wide?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: The owner of the FLB card room has posted on our forum in response to my post and says that PokerTek sent him an e-mail saying that I did not in fact have Q 8 suited... that I in fact had Q 9 offsuit. Obviously, it is going to be impossible for me to prove who is wrong in this case, as it is their word against mine. If nothing else, I hope this post was informational for some of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably what you had then. Having played many hours at the etables recently I would be very surprised if an entire table missed a fouled hand like that, especially after your cards were turned up. These guys catch every little thing and unlike a regular game there is less to distract them from watching when they aren't in the hand.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's probably what you had then. Having played many hours at the etables recently I would be very surprised if an entire table missed a fouled hand like that, especially after your cards were turned up. These guys catch every little thing and unlike a regular game there is less to distract them from watching when they aren't in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand was never exposed, despite calling the river bet. Even in the replay.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand was never exposed, despite calling the river bet. Even in the replay.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had auto muck on?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would I make this story up? I'm not looking to sue anyone. I just thought people should know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody thought you were making this up (well...there's always one or two out there...) But yeah, it's just far more likely you didn't have the cards you thought you had than the software made such an obvious error. There probably isn't a person here who's played much that hasn't at least once flipped over two cards thinking they had one thing when it turns out a 4 got misread as an ace, or a spade got remembered as a club.

Now if you'd claimed the software had awarded the pot to KQ on a board of 2222A when you had QJ, I might believe it possible. That's one of those corner cases that COULD conceivably (but hopefully not) slip past quality assurance testing. But just missing a pair vs ace high? Hard to imagine.

Q8 remembered vs Q9 shown makes perfect sense to me.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The entire table at FLB is probably 3 sheets to faded wasted. Missing a truck crashing into the building would not surprise me from this bunch.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:00 PM

Do they make voting machines, too?