Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Any details on the game mentioned in DN\'s blog?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
supposedly tobey maguire absolutely crushes hollywood home games. im sure thats who negreanu was talking about when he referred to the guy making the great plays. i would love to see him on HSP, i would put my money on him against a lot of guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth said recently that McGuire had made literally 10 million bucks in Hollywood home games. Crazy if true.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats so sick. those are games you just have to be a celeb to get into tho, maybe ivey would get an invite every once in a while but the hollywood big wigs and old bel air money like to keep it in their circle, and play for fun, the stakes are just so fken big. what i would do to get into one of those games. its funny tho cuz my bro was at ben afflecks house about 4 years ago and said matt damon and some other fools were just playing online poker the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

there this show on VH1 called "scott biao is 45 and single". on the last episode, they showed scott biao and his boys playing a home game at scotts house. scott was like "how much you got there", and this guy had $20G's in str8 cash. not like super deep but that just shows how big these casual home games run.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

there this show on VH1 called "scott biao is 45 and single". on the last episode, they showed scott biao and his boys playing a home game at scotts house. scott was like "how much you got there", and this guy had $20G's in str8 cash. not like super deep but that just shows how big these casual home games run.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, no it dosnt.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
supposedly tobey maguire absolutely crushes hollywood home games. im sure thats who negreanu was talking about when he referred to the guy making the great plays. i would love to see him on HSP, i would put my money on him against a lot of guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth said recently that McGuire had made literally 10 million bucks in Hollywood home games. Crazy if true.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats so sick. those are games you just have to be a celeb to get into tho, maybe ivey would get an invite every once in a while but the hollywood big wigs and old bel air money like to keep it in their circle, and play for fun, the stakes are just so fken big. what i would do to get into one of those games. its funny tho cuz my bro was at ben afflecks house about 4 years ago and said matt damon and some other fools were just playing online poker the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched that show and didn't think they were playing high stakes...did I miswatch?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its says that it was a NL cash game.

so 1300 BETS = 1300 BIG BLINDS?

either way, 1300 is pretty sick

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not like DN EVER exaggerates anything is it
Old 07-31-2007, 05:58 AM

1.3kbb+ / 16 hours = 81.5bb/hour

bb = 100$ he is making 8k/hr (thats a kiddie game though)
bb = 600$ he is making 48k/hr

All it takes is to win 1 pot while deep. I mean if they are each 500bb deep, and villain dosnt give a [censored] if he loses .01% of his net worth, it is conceivable.

Maybe they were playing 5/10 NL and were all like 10k bb deep?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said in the blog the guy making the great plays wasn't an actor. He's probably a producer or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv Jamie Gold
Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said in the blog the guy making the great plays wasn't an actor. He's probably a producer or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv Jamie Gold

[/ QUOTE ]

He trapped him!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 AM

He might be telling the truth, I'm not saying that. Although it's well known DN talks the most BS ever and is one of the biggest liars/exaggerators in poker.

But well done if he did win 1300bb
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched that show and didn't think they were playing high stakes...did I miswatch?

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I couldn't believe they were playing that high either, but he definitely said he had 20K...
Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"That might not seem all that amazing in and of itself, but if you watched him do it over and over, you’d see that it wasn’t a fluke. He picked up on something and his “gaydar” was dead on."

[/ QUOTE ]