Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: The UltimateBet Issue

[ QUOTE ]
just a MSNL'er here, but a month or so ago they wouldn't let me cashout cause of some "you recieved this money through a transfer" bs. I had made some transfers yeah, but I put in a fair number of hands afterwards. And like a shiteload of hands beforehand, the account is like 3 years old

So I created a new account, and transfered all my money into it :/

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems obvious to me you will have the same problems when you try to cash out from this account....
Old 06-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Sunbear, I wrote a similar letter to them as well. I also indicated that as a writer for Bluff Magazine, I would write an article about the newfound unreliability at Ultimate Bet. I even hinted at the possibility of a number of players banding together and seeking legal action. Hopefully that will spur some positive action.

I urge the rest of you to write letters to UB as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just a MSNL'er here, but a month or so ago they wouldn't let me cashout cause of some "you recieved this money through a transfer" bs. I had made some transfers yeah, but I put in a fair number of hands afterwards. And like a shiteload of hands beforehand, the account is like 3 years old

So I created a new account, and transfered all my money into it :/

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems obvious to me you will have the same problems when you try to cash out from this account....

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, looking back on it my solution to the problem was pretty stupid

however, I recently withdrew 4k into Neteller (lol ok maybe not smart whatev). They gave me the 'random security check' or whatever, but I sent in a scan of my passport, driver's license, and recent bank statement, and the withdrawal went through no worries

Attempting another 4k withdrawal as we speak...
Old 06-01-2007, 01:21 PM

posted in the internet thread too:

lots of ppl have had no problems with ub. ive transferred 10s of thousands. i swapped for my 20k+ neteller balance on ub. in the last 6 monthes, ive made numerous 10k cashouts (by check) and a 20k. even did a bank wire for 5k.

no problems whatsoever.

further, tho we hear lots of alarming posts on here, i can not remember one instance where the situation was not resolved, albeit often in an unprofessional and lengthy process.

if ub is such a rogue, untrustworthy site, it would be a great service to accumulate evidence and link to posts in which the individual was indeed ripped off (or continues to allege so) in the end.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:27 PM

victor-

i agree.

thx for posting that.

it really just seems like they are stepping up security measures for cashouts and having problems with the 3rd party payout site.

we'll see how they respond to the letters that were/are being sent to make sure things are just slow as [censored], and nothing else.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 PM

Victor,

I think that the most recent issues - perhaps involving a change of payment processor - are at the crux of the matter. What is going on NOW (as in the past 1-2 months) is much more troubling and serious than the random unprofessional dealings and such in the more distant past.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:44 PM

"What is going on NOW (as in the past 1-2 months)"

samo, i requested a check in early may for 20k and have recieved and cashed it since fwiw. also, in the last 2 monthes i have indeed transferred combined over 10k with multiple differnt ppl.

anyway, im just relating my experience so far. i certainly agree that the situations described are at least very troubling and hope everyone successfully recieves their funds.

i am reducing my roll to a minimum on ub at his point (which is becoming easier and easier due to my results/play [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
Old 06-01-2007, 01:46 PM

victor, ill ship you 20k ub for 20k stars. let meknow
Old 06-01-2007, 01:54 PM

greg, i dont think you interpreted my post correctly. perhaps you didnt read my last sentence as well.

i told my story but am not vouching for ub.

i would like others to come forward with their experience as i do think its a very serious issue.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:56 PM

Default UB response

when faced with my threats of writing about this in Bluff and/or taking legal action, UB responded immediately. Here is their response:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the inconvenience, again. Due to the recent anti-online gaming laws, we have had to change our check processors multiple times. We understand your concern, especially due to the large amount of your cashout, and hope that your check will reach you successfully. As you probably already know, checks can take up to and sometimes greater than 6 weeks from the time of completion to reach you. If you haven't gotten your check(s) by that time please write back to us and we will place a stop payment on your check.

As you probably are doing, please keep close track of all your transactions, the ones that arrive and the ones that may not. We thank you for your patience at this time and understand your frustration. Please let us know what checks you need to have re-issued and we will forward your inquiries to management.

We also respectfully request that you give us a couple more weeks to resolve this issue before writing about such matters in Bluff Magazine.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,