Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: For those that think botting isn\'t too big of a problem

[ QUOTE ]
If these bots work well and are profitable it makes no sense for people to release them for download. Each other bot would decrease the value of my bot by a certain BB/100.

If they do NOT work well then yeah send them out all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember how everyone who plays poker is really smart and rational?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For every winning bot, theres ten losing bots programmed by people who don't have a clue, but just want to get rich the easy way.

Lets all go out now and make our millions buying houses at auctions for pennies on the dollar. That works too.

I am not missing the point, it's you who's being gullible and listening to the claims of the bot makers of easy riches with no work. It aint so Cowboy.

If you don't believe me, go and buy a few bots that are available. Try em out for yourself. Just don't sit here and post all day about how bots are going to destroy the online game. It's hogwash.

Bots suck if you would just spend a few bucks to get one and see for yourself. Even if you spend a thousand hours to get one working on an average basis, then you will see you get anti botted by the sites before it pays for itself.

Don't believe me? Then you are missing my point.

The only people who are going to insist bots can win incessantly are those trying to make a buck selling the POS software they pimp out.

At best, you are just going to become an unwitting accomplice showing your hole cards to your pimp, which is usually all he really wants from you when you purchase his POS bot software.

So quit your whining about bots, it's just a scam on the general unwitting public who believes it's possible to make a quick buck with no effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all pretty true, but for some reason it just doesnt sit right with me that there is SOME botts winning. A loosing bot is still not as bad as a human can be. For instance a Bot cant tilt. Furthur more, the bots that win, are winning money from bad players that i otherwise would. A fishes pocket are only soo deep. its not fair i cant pursuit fish 24x7 like a bot.

bots might not destory the game, but they can sure help to ruin it...IMO

Btw Burn,find the Party/Bots thread.The OP that claimed bots were at work there gathered thousands of hands and the evidence was very compelling.And to Opera,the bots in that thread(and i believe the evidence showed they were),were beating 10/20 Limit at over 1.5bb/100.Theres your beef.And this isnt the only example.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Poker is an empirical proof of the fact that people overestimate their skill, especially in a game like poker where external factors can be blamed. That the bot owner/programmer has a bot between him and the table does not protect him from this effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you totally here. That is the EXACT reason someone will use a bot. If its a bot playing at the table then it takes away the need for them personally to make decisions and ultimately, make mistakes. The bot takes away the human factor of playing online poker against other players. Yes a person will probably choose the level the bot plays at, but that decision is probably based on the chance of being caught. Also I believe from the bots on Absolute thread that a bot will join as many tables of three players or above as it possibly can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Madsen is right about this. To put it another way:

How does one decide if a bot is winning? The bot certainly cant tell you how many bb/hr it earns. If the average person had a losing bot (-2 bb/100) that won 3bb/100 over the first 1000 hands, how long would said person take to figure out he had a losing bot?

Not to be rude, but your statements do show you don't understand a very important concept related to ALL gambling.

Why is it poker and sports have heavy betting and chess has little or no betting? Answer: You can't lie to yourself about chess very long.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw Burn,find the Party/Bots thread.The OP that claimed bots were at work there gathered thousands of hands and the evidence was very compelling.And to Opera,the bots in that thread(and i believe the evidence showed they were),were beating 10/20 Limit at over 1.5bb/100.Theres your beef.And this isnt the only example.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read the entire mega threat you are talking about, and that is not hard proof.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:18 PM

In the thread i mentioned Opera,multiple people released thousands of hands on these Bots.Obviously,five or ten thousand hands in not going to define a winrate,but its enough to give you an overview.They were beating 2+2ers,thats not the be all end all lol But you can safely assume that their numbers were + overall i think at medium stake levels to boot.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it poker and sports have heavy betting and chess has little or no betting? Answer: You can't lie to yourself about chess very long.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think it's because poker is traditionally a gambling game, whereas chess is the opposite.

I also think you underestimate how quickly you can get the end results from a bot. Let's say you have a bot 16 or 20 tabling (spread over different sites, of course) for 8 hours a day. That's about 10k hands a day, and not at all unreasonable. You're going to get your results (i.e. find out whether your bot is a winner) pretty damn quickly.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you don't think bot owners/programmers will overestimate the skill of their bot? What kind of magical personality change happens the moment you get a bot? The reason most players lose isn't due to mistakes, it is due to a misconception of their skill. That factor stays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying they won't over-estimate, but even if they do surely the profits will show and if a bot is not profitable then it won't be used. These bots seem to be continually used....if suggested bots on absolute actually are bots..and why would someone keep using a bot that loses them money? So I am not sure how you can over-estimate your bots skill, surely thats simply down to profits. Also its the misconception of their skill that causes mistakes, thus losing money. If you did not make mistakes then you would not lose money.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read the entire mega threat you are talking about, and that is not hard proof.

[/ QUOTE ]What more do you want??? I found the evidence overwhelming.The chances that ten random players played such an equal and unique style over thousands of hands in every aspect of their game is one and a million.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:22 PM

If this did not convince you nothing will Opera.