Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 11:24 PM

Default Re: CBB: Introducing the Fading Kentucky at Home System

Kentucky 57, Miami 46

1-0 YTD

A lot closer than the final score indicated, as Kentucky never led by more than the final margin of 11. With 2 minutes to go it was anyone's game.

Over on this game was no good at all. I had read all about how Miami was gonna slow it down blah blah blah, but, GEEZ...they didn't even try to score! Half the time they looked like they were content to just let the shot clock run out, like a football team in the victory formation. Toward the end it was almost like they were more concerned about covering the spread than trying to win, which is fine with me I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Although, I'd prolly give back my winnings from tonight if it meant I wouldn't have had to watch that game. What an ugly-fest. Kentucky plays the same ol' TubbyBall: scores about 4 points in the first 10 minutes, can't make free throws, eventually goes on a run sparked by fast break points. UK Freshman Perry Stevenson made a huge, unexpected impact on the game with 7 blocks. Miami had few scoring options near the end of the game, that is, if they were even trying to score.

UK has Mississippi Valley State coming up Friday, anybody with any knowledge of them feel free to chip in, although you know which side I'll be on. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Let's hope for a lot of points!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fading KY at home, I think it would be wise to wait out the line. Most tourists are going to back Kentucky at the last minute, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it really all depends. If an opener is soft in favor of the underdog, the sharps will pound it and you'll never see that number again. It's kind of a feel thing.

I hopped on Bodog's 13.5 as soon as I saw it, because they were the only book w/ 13.5 at the time and there didn't seem to be any indication it would go to 14, considering the sharps had already moved it from 13.5 at the open down to 12.5 at one point.

It's important to remember that even if 85% of the public is on one side, the sharps can still move the line because they bet a lot more.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:28 AM

gold jerry!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:47 AM

WTF...I laid off the spread because UK is my team and there was a chance that they could blow out Miami...so I just bet the over. What a smart freaking bet by me.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM

Sounds a lot like Syracuse - big capacity, but not very rowdy because there are more old geezers than students; and the fans are far away from the court. Not sure if they practice in Manley Field House or the Dome, but it's an overrated homecourt overall. I have to look up their H/A ATS #'s now.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:43 PM

Sometimes hard to tell from TV but SYR always sounded/looked like there was enough crowd/band activity to me.

If anything, I think a team that is used to shooting in a large-ish dome like that might have an advantage (and even without practicing there, they still get to play there enough to be more use to the shooting background).

Following Miami (Ohio) in 1999 on their Sweet 16 run to New Orleans Superdome and St. Louis TWA-Dome and I remember they had some difficulty adjusting because they really weren't used to playing in buildings like that.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:00 PM

bob entering the rarely traveled territory of being a miami OHIO expert
Old 11-17-2006, 01:58 PM

I can't find a line anywhere on Kentucky v. Mississippi Valley State tonight. They are Div. 1 right?

Is there not a line for every D1 game? What's the story here? Sacramento State and Denver has a line for goodness sake! This is Kentucky!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:01 PM

Sheesh MVSU has been AWFUL. Lost 78-42 to Creighton and 72-49 to Ole Miss. Eesh! No wonder there's no line yet.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:56 PM

Jackson St/GT never posted a line.