Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Heroes 11-13

[ QUOTE ]
can someone tell me what happens at the end? my DVR cut out during mohinder's voiceover (after claire is seen painting the homecoming banner)

[/ QUOTE ]

from that point forward, Mohinder's voice-over:

"You can run far, you can take your small precautions, but have you really gotten away? Can you ever escape? Or is the truth that you don't have the strength or cunning to hide from destiny? That the world is not small ... you are. And Fate can find you anywhere."

is spoken over scenes of

- Issac painting a scene of Hiro and Ando looking at a bloodied 'Homecoming' banner
- Claire painting that banner with HRG looking on, seemingly reflecitng upon the fate that is supposed to befall his child
- Ando pacing back and forth in the diner, still waiting for Hiro to return, while the camera zooms in on a photo on the diner's bulletin board that features Hiro standing next to the now-dead waitress at her birthday party ... a photo that previously did not include Hiro.

EDIT: ok, i feel dumb for typing all that out and being second.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We saw Peter Petrelli, but I have no idea how he gets there so quickly. The flight from TX to NY is not short (unless he grabs his bro, perhaps...), so we'll have to see.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2006, 12:38 AM

thanks guys... i went from hating the pilot to absolutely loving this show... when hiro decides to use his powers and go back and save the waitress - that was [censored] awesome.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We saw Peter Petrelli, but I have no idea how he gets there so quickly. The flight from TX to NY is not short (unless he grabs his bro, perhaps...), so we'll have to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter is the power-absorbing Petrelli, and Nathan is the flier? Oh well. I stand corrected.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter is the power-absorbing Petrelli, and Nathan is the flier? Oh well. I stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Also, I'm pretty sure that those dark figures falling (floating down?) off the roof are Sylar and Peter Petrelli.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks guys... i went from hating the pilot to absolutely loving this show... when hiro decides to use his powers and go back and save the waitress - that was [censored] awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that we know Hiro was successful in going back in time (since he now appears in the photo) yet still hasn't returned would be VERY unsettling if we didn't already know that he survives long enough to become Ninja-Hiro in the future.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 AM

peter's gonna absorb sylar's power!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is why i'm halfway nervous about how they pull off next week's episode. peter meeting sylar should by all means lead to an epic battle between the two of them but a) i'm skeptical that will be what occurs and b) i'm worried that the explanation for why it doesn't happen will be a weak one.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i went from hating the pilot to absolutely loving this show...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I caught the first two episodes and thought it was decent, but nothing I'd go out of my way to follow. Then I skipped an episode and OOT said it was good. I got back on it and have been hooked since.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is why i'm halfway nervous about how they pull off next week's episode. peter meeting sylar should by all means lead to an epic battle between the two of them but a) i'm skeptical that will be what occurs and b) i'm worried that the explanation for why it doesn't happen will be a weak one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this next episode is really what is going to define the show. If it's well done, this show could rise to be the best on TV. If it sucks, it'll sink into likely oblivion. I'm nervous and excited. However, we've been lead to know that this was going to go down. We know Petrelli will be there. We know Sylar is an ultimate badass. Hiro could probably take Sylar, but he might not be granted the 2-3 seconds he needs to freeze time and knife him or something. Petrelli's gotta step up and kick some ass. But FWIW, my prediction is that he won't be skilled enough and will be saved by the other heroes. Oooh, unless he learns to absorb multiple powers at the same time.

Edit: Eh, I guess really, Sylar has to get away. We just don't have another villain (other than Radioactive Man, and he's debatable) to fight for the 2nd half of the season, esp. since Dad has gone good, as I expected.