Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

PUA stuff is not useless when it comes to building successful relationships. Not in the slightest...it shows what kind of bad PUA info is getting around out there
Old 08-08-2007, 04:55 PM

okay I just googled it and I feel a lot better about my understanding of this. But I still wont reread it.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

This isn't about me. I don't want this thread to be about me and my [censored]. I'm just using myself as a representative example of one of two basic perspectives on a debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are creating two basic perspectives, but both perspectives are in your head. You are setting these two perspectives against each other in a false way. In that sense it is about you, because these perspectives are in your head and are not based in reality.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

This isn't about me. I don't want this thread to be about me and my [censored]. I'm just using myself as a representative example of one of two basic perspectives on a debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigger sigh. I was joking.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are creating two basic perspectives, but both perspectives are in your head. You are setting these two perspectives against each other in a false way. In that sense it is about you, because these perspectives are in your head and are not based in reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really apt way of describing most of the Cardo experience.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigger sigh. I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not have noticed but I was replying to MaxPower.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM

The key here lies in this paragraph:

[ QUOTE ]
-Is there any merit to virtue from a position of weakness? My great difficulty with women at the moment is the problem of meeting one who a) I'm really attracted to and b) is available. As it stands, then, my sexual options are dependent on trying to get with girls that I'm not particularly into. On the one hand, I don't have much interest in this, unless it's really easy, I'm hammered, or both. On the other hand, I'm not very good at it, either; I suck at faking interest, I'm not a very plausible liar, I get bored very quickly with most conversation in spite of my considerable skill with such things and I generally find it very difficult to approach strangers who are not obviously inviting. If I were more polished, or just an Adonis who didn't have to worry about such things - if I believed I could have any random woman I picked out of a crowd, would I have the same qualms about taking advantage of them? It's very, very easy to choose not to abuse a power that one doesn't even have, or doesn't believe one has. Is there ever any actual merit in that?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are hundreds of available women whom you probably come into contact with on a daily basis. Why not just look into some PUA stuff and work on being able to approach these total strangers with confidence? You don't have to "run patterns" or "neg" or use "kino" or anything else you think is lame or unethical or gimmicky. There are different schools of thought in the PUA community, and they don't all involve hypnotizing a weak, slutty woman into banging you on the first night (actually, none of them that I know of really involve this, but it's a common misconception).
Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PUA stuff is not useless when it comes to building successful relationships. Not in the slightest...it shows what kind of bad PUA info is getting around out there

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I use the lessons in married life on a regular basis. I will once again state that PUA research is useful for interacting with women, period.

Ray
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! Oversimplification for the purposes of advancing an argument is super-standard. I think the two ragged camps I've chosen are semi-valid but there's obviously going to be a pretty wide range of opinion.

What do you mean 'setting them against each other in a false way?' Only insofar as they're always set against each other in a false way; I mean, read any other thread on PUA and that's exactly what we end up with - two mutually hostile viewpoints riddled with fallacies that don't get us anywhere. But they both in their way make strong cases, and that's what really interests me - the debate between success and virtue, and the fallacies of both, and the artificial division of the whole thing, and also the REAL divisions that aren't easily reconciled.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i read about half of it. Anyone beat that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it, but I wouldn't say I understood it. Anacardo, you need to realize that when writing, simplicity is better. This isn't some deep philosophical dissertation you're writing, this is a message board post about picking up chicks that is meant to be read quickly by others and then discussed. Know your audience and your subject matter, and then converse in a orderly and logical manner. If you think about it, that's really what these PUA are really doing, they know their audience and tailor what they say to appeal to them. I'm willing to bet that you do the same thing in real life, talking and acting as if you're smarter and more intelligent than everyone else and if people don't get you, that's their loss. That's good to a point, but if you steadfastly refuse to change this, I don't see how you can act this way while simultaneous complaining that you've never had a real relationship.