Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: A super KK fold

So why don't we do something about it on the flop? This comes down to the OP not just accepting, but embracing being the player who is reacting. I really can't see how everyone agrees that calling the flop is best if you're not going to push the turn when a 4 ball rolls off.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So why don't we do something about it on the flop? This comes down to the OP not just accepting, but embracing being the player who is reacting. I really can't see how everyone agrees that calling the flop is best if you're not going to push the turn when a 4 ball rolls off.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we raise the flop, he probably folds AQ, and he folds if he's bluffing. He certainly doesn't fold QQ or JJ.

If we call the turn, he might continue bluffing if he's bluffing, and he might continue betting AQ, or he may call a bet from us or whatever. Plus, we save money from QQ and JJ.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If we call the turn, he might continue bluffing if he's bluffing, and he might continue betting AQ, or he may call a bet from us or whatever. Plus, we save money from QQ and JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

We save zero money from qq and jj by playing the calling game unless we're folding the river, which you just completely implied we aren't since you're talking about him continuing to bluff and bet aq.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:17 AM

[quote
If we raise the flop, he probably folds AQ, and he folds if he's bluffing. He certainly doesn't fold QQ or JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. We win the pot here as opposed to losing our whole stack or pussing out when were ahead.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm with nath. i dont think this has to mean we're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you call the turn and call a river value bet (~2500)?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i think i'm calling. but calling 3 barrels doesnt seem like it's gonna be good. Bleh, i dunno i'm gonna think about it for a bit then come back.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:33 AM

When did we start giving people so much credit.

I'm not saying this doesnt really look like we are beat. But he is a just an idiot playing KQ-AQ for value too often. If the villan was known to be solid, sure muck, but against an unknown on party. He's just gonna have to show me.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. We win the pot here as opposed to losing our whole stack or pussing out when were ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a whole lot of schizophrenia in this last sentence
Old 07-28-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a whole lot of schizophrenia in this last sentence

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I guess I dont see it. Lets break it down just for you.

1) you win the pot here: he's going to fold aq and bluffs here and push w/ qq or jj or any other hands that beat us.

2) losing our whole stack: This is going w/ the call everything all the way down angle and then he turns over a set. You could argue that we may win his whole stack if he aq, but then this play is wrong, because we may as well push the turn so we can be sure to get our money in good instead of watching an a or q roll on the river.

3) Pussing out when we're ahead: This comes from folding the turn or river when we're ahead. crazy huh.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 AM

if we win the pot here when he folds AQ to a raise, he is never stacking off with AQ.

if we lose our whole stack to a set specifically on the river, we play bad.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:51 AM

This is the second time i've done this.

You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.