Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Staking Dispute with TcCorbin

reading threads like this really makes me sad. i like neutrality a lot from the aim convo, hes trying v hard to help settle this, and thats commendable. basically, tcorbin messed up pretty bad here. dan might be partially to blame because he didnt hammer in the fact that tcorb was only allowed to play 2-4 and once he hit a certain point 3-6, but in my mind it was clear he shouldnt be playing 5-10 and 25-50. theres really no point in staking someone if they are just going to take the roll to the highest stakes and flip quarters and short stack.

its not my place to say what needs to be done to resolve this, but at least we can probably learn something from this. staking deals need to be CLEARLY defined before any money is transferred. limits need to be set, such as, 'i will send you 4k to play 2-4 you will be FOUR tabling until you hit 6k, then you are allowed to SIX table. from there, once the account gets up to 10k, you can start mixing in 3-6 tables should you so desire. this stake will go on for TWO weeks time, and you will agree to play at least 20k hands under it. should you lose the stake somehow, you will play for makeup, meaning you play and pay back the money lost IN FULL then we split the rest of the profits from there 50/50, and i will send you more money and you will play ONLY 2-4 until i am comfortable with you moving up. total profits will be split 50/50. should you do something other than play within these bounds, the stake turns into an INTEREST compounded loan at 10 points a week. thats obviously steep but you shouldnt be playing out of the rules we have setup. thats all, good luck.

thats what a staking agreement should look like.