Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Pre-Registering for the WSOP $1500 events?

i made the check payable to rio properties. like i said before, it takes a while to get thru the process.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Pre-Registering for the WSOP $1500 events?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any experience with the 1500 Limit-Holdem Event? It has alot less entrants and its my main game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in the first 1500 Limit HE Event at last year's WSOP, which I believe was Event 6.

I dropped into the Rio at around lunchtime on the day before the event, and found only one person in front of me at the registration line, Phil Ivey! (Who had lost his receipt for the Omaha Event that day, and had to call his wife to search for it!)

Anyway, registration was a breeze, and the event drew just under 800 runners. I survived about 7 hours and busted in about 180th place.

I had a complete blast, and I will be back for more this year. I am planning to play Event 40, $1500 Mixed Holdem which starts the same day as the $50k HORSE Event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha cool, what amount of players get paid? I may be playing this and the other $2000 Limit event.