Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Theory: Bluffing (can you pull it off at < NL 100???)

[ QUOTE ]
i said BIG RIVER BLUFFS. I mean shoving the rest of your stack on a bluff. The stuff you guys talk about, i hope everybody at 2+2 is already doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

its the fullring forum aka don't reraise JJ/AKo

never second barrell let alone 3

AA/KK/setmine-ville
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM

Bluffing works everywhere, you just need to learn to pick good spots.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Threads is right, bluffing opportunities are plenty in the micros. They might be different from those at higher levels though. Villains at 25NL don't think much about what you think they think you have. They are not scared when they face pot-sized bets on 3 streets. They call them down with top pair and call you a luckbox when you flip over your set.

But a lot of players tend to be too scared of the board. Not all, of course, there are idiots who can't find the brakes even when the third overcard to their pocket sevens falls. But when i start noticing my flushes don't get paid off at one table, i start bluffing three-flush boards. Trying to find an example from today's play, i couldn't find a prototypical one, this here is the closest i played today:

Villain is 20/0/2, and has not lost a showdown yet. By the river i figured he likely had a bigger king, so i tried to win the hand with a bluff.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($14.05)
MP ($25.45)
Button ($37.10)
SB ($36.25)
Hero ($61.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, Villain calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.60) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain checks.

River: ($1.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, Villain folds.

Final Pot: $2.60

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I'm 99% sure you had the best hand there.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 PM

This is how you bluff:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $50.00
BB: $51.90
Hero (BTN): $55.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.00

Flop: ($3) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, SB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, SB calls $5.50

River: ($19) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $45.75</font>, SB folds
Uncalled bet of $30.75 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $49.00 ($1 Rake)
Old 06-19-2007, 08:24 PM

I make river ai bluffs, the situation must call for it I also made them at 50nl. Lower stakes guys are very bluffable if you choose the right ones and have a nitty image.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is how you bluff:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)

Flop: ($3) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $45.75</font>, SB folds

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw you post this in the other thread, but didn't feel like saying anything. This bluff is not good and is usually getting called. The times he has QT there do not make up for when he has the J and snaps off your bluff (I'd call your river CRAI easily, no way you go for a check-raise with anything good there).

I think you got lucky here.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is how you bluff:

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw you post this in the other thread, but didn't feel like saying anything. This bluff is not good and is usually getting called. The times he has QT there do not make up for when he has the J and snaps off your bluff (I'd call your river CRAI easily, no way you go for a check-raise with anything good there).

I think you got lucky here.

[/ QUOTE ]
His river bet (especially the size of it) doesn't look like a jack to me. Betting a jack there is pretty terrible anyway. I was almost positive he had a whiffed draw. The only legitimate hand he might have there is 87 or something that rivered trips.

A straight or a boat would have raised sooner. If he had bet SMALLER on the river I would have actually been more hesitant to shove, but the way he called down all the way on a drawwy board and then bet big on the river when everything missed, too readable as a whiffed draw IMO.

If I had 88 I would have just called his bet. But since I had KT, there's a chance he had me beat with AT or something, so I had to raise.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The times he has QT there do not make up for when he has the J and snaps off your bluff (I'd call your river CRAI easily, no way you go for a check-raise with anything good there).

[/ QUOTE ]
And BTW, I agree with you that a jack will usually look me up there.

I just thought he was very unlikely to play the river that way with a jack.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:14 PM

Betting a Jack there isn't terrible. Do you really think $15 into a $19 pot is a weird bet size?

[ QUOTE ]
drawwy board

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? This is not a drawy board. There are 2 straight draws and one of them hit.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting a Jack there isn't terrible. Do you really think $15 into a $19 pot is a weird bet size?

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience, they check J-x there like 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time they rarely bet so much.

[ QUOTE ]
lol? This is not a drawy board. There are 2 straight draws and one of them hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gutshots, LDO.

EDIT: Any 8-x is also a double gutshot on the turn. If I had to guess I think he either had QT or A8.