Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Looking for a cell phone service provider that is not crappy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are still with former at&t wireless? migrate to cingular and those problems are solved, former at&t wireless has fewer cell towers and your phone is probably 219321 years old. which model phone do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding I have some sweet charter deal where I get a ton of minutes for $50/month. If I change anything it goes away. Looks like I have the Charter Offer 500 ($39.99) which I think is 500 anytime. Plus I have 1000 Night and weekend minutes for another $9.99. And I get 500 additional anytime minutes that got thrown in for free on some offer. I know that goes away if I change anything.

Comes to $61ish w/all the gov't BS. Am I still getting a good deal? I don't use the phone nearly as much as I used to. Looks like I only had 92 daytime and 78 night and weekend this last month. Sheesh, maybe I should look into a new phone/plan.

Yes my phone is about that old. It's a Nokia 8390. It does everything I need if it just worked right.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a pretty sweet plan you have, if possible i would buy a phone from ebay, an unlocked GSM phone and that will likely correct all of your problems
Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From my understanding I have some sweet charter deal where I get a ton of minutes for $50/month. If I change anything it goes away. Looks like I have the Charter Offer 500 ($39.99) which I think is 500 anytime. Plus I have 1000 Night and weekend minutes for another $9.99. And I get 500 additional anytime minutes that got thrown in for free on some offer. I know that goes away if I change anything.

Comes to $61ish w/all the gov't BS. Am I still getting a good deal? I don't use the phone nearly as much as I used to. Looks like I only had 92 daytime and 78 night and weekend this last month. Sheesh, maybe I should look into a new phone/plan.

Yes my phone is about that old. It's a Nokia 8390. It does everything I need if it just worked right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your usage you have a bad deal.

Verizon you can get 450 anytime minutes plus unlimited night/weekends and in network for $39.99. Plus you can get a new phone every two years when you sign a new two year contract.

If you used the minutes it would be a better deal, but you're spending an extra $180 a year and you have to pay for your own phone upgrade.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 PM

Verizon for the Win!