Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: $650 WSOP Sat moved to Saturday permanently?

[ QUOTE ]
Direct Buyin Players: The amount of direct buyins is obviously going to decrease, as less people are online Saturday afternoons as compared to Sunday afternoons. Likewise, I'd have to imagine a certain percentage of people do not play on Saturday because they plan to play all day Sunday. Net result: Less players

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably somewhat, if not entirely, balanced by the increased number of Euros who will enter the Saturday sat - the $650 on Sunday would be impossible to enter by anyone who doesn't play full time, since it would end at like 6-7 in the morning Monday.

From a business perspective, especially considering the shaky future in the US, throwing the Euros a bone is probably pretty wise of Stars. There is after all a decent chance it will be their primary market pretty soon.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:08 AM

i agree w/ badger and zbt.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will most likely try to qualify on FTP now. About the only sats I will still play on Stars is the 33r. I'm not a big fan of the DSOs and the 320s, 650s, and the 1050s are all at horrible times for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They work a lot better for me now. I suppose it's a matter of perspective and one's own schedule what tournament schedule works best, but I live in the middle east and find that I have so far had to play satellites starting around midnight on worknights. I like that they're on different days as well, though I'm not a high-volume MTT player.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:15 AM

This is probably somewhat, if not entirely, balanced by the increased number of Euros who will enter the Saturday sat - the $650 on Sunday would be impossible to enter by anyone who doesn't play full time, since it would end at like 6-7 in the morning Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I don't agree really. The % of the players in these events that are from Europe is already very small. Not to mention that a big chunk of the people who were going to play in the million, were also going to play in the 650. I don't see how they will be picking up very many NEW people at all.

For the most part, to me at least, the majority of the people from Europe, that can take off an entire week of work and travel across the world for a poker tournament usually have a pretty relaxed schedule to begin with.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the most part, to me at least, the majority of the people from Europe, that can take off an entire week of work and travel across the world for a poker tournament usually have a pretty relaxed schedule to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're probably right about this...it'll be interesting to compare the numbers.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will most likely try to qualify on FTP now. About the only sats I will still play on Stars is the 33r. I'm not a big fan of the DSOs and the 320s, 650s, and the 1050s are all at horrible times for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They work a lot better for me now. I suppose it's a matter of perspective and one's own schedule what tournament schedule works best, but I live in the middle east and find that I have so far had to play satellites starting around midnight on worknights. I like that they're on different days as well, though I'm not a high-volume MTT player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play most weeknights and then I play on Sunday in the big tourneys. I usually take Friday night and Saturday off. Considering Stars is now holding all of their big satellites during these two days I won't be playing many of them.

FTP has their $1k on Thursday nights now and I saw they had a $320 tonight. I think they also have a big buyin one on Sunday. (And I get an extra $10M when I win the ME then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 03-28-2007, 11:01 AM

Thanks for posting that BryanS.
[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively, you can post here, and we'll see that as well. I'm sure you guys have noticed by now that we read the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've asked in this thread and others but haven't yet seen any answers...or even speculation. In any case: Why is Sunday so devoid of WSOP sats? Most days there's a bunch of choices but Sunday there's nothing until the 4:00 $27R (which might change now?).

I usually just play on FT and UB on Sunday but I'd rather be working towards a WSOP seat on Stars. It's the ideal time to be doing it but for some reason I can't understand...squa-doosh.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:13 AM

I agree with Badger, ZBT, Exit and the others who dont like this idea.

It is virtually impossible for a >25 year old who is married (not to mention w/ kids) to play on Saturday. Full Tilt now has my WSOP business.

I would reconsider, however, if a meaningful number of sats were added to the $1K qualifier.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would reconsider, however, if a meaningful number of sats were added to the $1K qualifier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please...why are there so few?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Direct Buyin Players: The amount of direct buyins is obviously going to decrease, as less people are online Saturday afternoons as compared to Sunday afternoons. Likewise, I'd have to imagine a certain percentage of people do not play on Saturday because they plan to play all day Sunday. Net result: Less players

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect that more recreational players will be able to play on Saturday afternoon than late Sunday night. I'm trying to sat into the $650, and I know I wasn't looking forward to work on Monday morning with the previous schedule (there's optimism for you). If you have fewer direct buyins (multi-tabling pros), then hopefully the field is easier (more optimism). I'm definitely interested in seeing the turnout for the Saturday event. If it drops a lot, then I'm sure Stars will adjust.