Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Poor Relatives receive 50k inheritance; plan to buy BMW

[ QUOTE ]
You could work up some type of spreadsheet or something that explains what that $50K would earn in interest over 20-30 years. In fact, you could even use current bank CD rates if they are the type of folks who might find other types of investments too confusing. Then, show then the Kelly Blue Book value of a 20 year old BMW.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is the best idea.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*Is there any tactful way to say that buying a BMW is the worst possible idea in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Go with a Benz.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're both wrong. The Japs make some awesome cars, choose one of those. Don't Toyota and Nissan have high-end offerings?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:18 PM

What is all this talk about having to save up the money? Couldn't they just walk into the dealership and show them the will or whatever saying 'OMG400/MOBUYCARGOGOGOGO' and the dealership would ship the keys?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:19 PM

tuq,

I also hear the k**es make some awesome bagels, and that negros are fantastic with fried chicken. Aren't crackers really good at making white bread? Don't forget those sand n*****s -- boy, do they make some tasty crab juice.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they are as poor as you say and only getting the money in 400$ increments i wouldnt worry. i seriously doubt that they will have the willpower to save 400 a month for a beemer. and if they do save for years and get one i would think that that proves how bad they want it.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah I thought this scenario was definitely possible, in which case I wouldn't have to worry about anything.

to people that suggest buying off their inheritance; I don't really want to make money off them, I'd only do it as a favor to them at a reasonable rate if they needed it.

Wakko,
She's already filed bankruptcy once, but it wasn't totally her fault. Her ex-husband ran up huge credit debt on the credit cards in HER name, while they were separated or something.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Let OOT mock these doofuses for there poor white trash financial stupidity. Then lead them to this thread. If they have any brains, they may figure out how moronic the BMW idea is.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:23 PM

skunk,

See that's what I'm getting at - every ethnicity is good at something. BTW you left out Mexicans and gardening. Racist.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
skunk,

See that's what I'm getting at - every ethnicity is good at something. BTW you left out Mexicans and gardening. Racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sick of everyone thinking "Ohh Mexicans are all gardeners." It's simply not true. They are landscapers. Some also sell fruit.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:32 PM

It's not only the cost of paying for the BMW, what's going to kill them in the end is the running costs of one.
Expensive cars don't only have expensive tag, but the maintenance is nasty, too.

I don't believe that you'll have any success trying to make them save/invest the full amount. Try to get them to put away 50% of the monthly payments and let them have fun with the rest. I think it's a far superior way to get them to save at least some of the money, and maybe they'll get the hang of it by themselves then.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
skunk,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sick of everyone thinking "Ohh Mexicans are all gardeners." It's simply not true. They are landscapers. Some also sell fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also mad about the complete lack of recognition for their contributions to the meat packing industry. Basically, if you love affordable burgers, hug a Mexican.

Swede