Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: AK flops tptk gets c/r twice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3bet the flop. after our turn bet aren't we getting sick odds to call ?

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. i resolve to read threads better in future. yeah bet/folding is bad with those odds, i still think checking behind is much better though

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah were getting sick odds to call but i dont feel im ever ahead given villains line. at best im chopping and i dont think hed take this line with AK. hes gotta be pretty concerned with AK on this dry board after i call his c/r and lead the turn. OR WOULD HE???? is he just going broke here with AK/AQ 100% of the time?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:33 PM

yeah i think checking is pretty standard. i wouldn't bet unless i would call a shove.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if were checking this turn with AK then what are we betting with. what other hands are we checking with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check behind anything that we're not going to b/c with.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

with me taking this line, in other words disregard my hole cards, what hand am i representing.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK or better/bluff

[ QUOTE ]

what hands should i be able to fold out,

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregarding hole cards, you will mainly fold out bluffs.

[ QUOTE ]
what hands are shoving on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Set/2pair/air and of course your very rarely misplayed AT/AJ/AQ.

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible for villain to take this action with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible yes, likely no. Villain would 3bet AK a very high % of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see how he could c/r the turn with AK given the dryness of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I REALLY discount AK here. I mean he is going to 3bet it a ton PF.

There is really no point in betting this turn unless you have the intention of calling a shove because he is a giant spew/bluff tard. Sense we have no reads to this effect this turn is a pretty standard check.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if were checking this turn with AK then what are we betting with. what other hands are we checking with?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what if we have something were not going to check call with, and in actuallity we think villain is c/ring light because we c-bet alot, so we float here to take it away on the turn.

what hands can we be expecting to be folding out? after his c/r is he checking the turn with a hand like a set? im repping strength and if he thinks i have a hand like AK im going broke with why wouldnt he try and get it AI
Old 10-25-2007, 12:42 PM

<3 his line.

This is a set almost always, so I think you can safely fold despite getting good odds. FWIW, I'm not betting turn unless I'm happy to get it in here.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what if we have something were not going to check call with, and in actuallity we think villain is c/ring light because we c-bet alot, so we float here to take it away on the turn.

what hands can we be expecting to be folding out? after his c/r is he checking the turn with a hand like a set? im repping strength and if he thinks i have a hand like AK im going broke with why wouldnt he try and get it AI

[/ QUOTE ]

Machine,

You are simply thinking to deep man. Yes, villains will play back at you but we do not have any reason to believe his is at this point. There frequency for playing back on A high flops is realitely low compared to other board textures. Not to mention you opened UTG. I mean you are simply going to level yourself thinking this deep without any more information then you have already provided.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:15 PM

1. so what if we have something were not going to check call with, and in actuallity we think villain is c/ring light because we c-bet alot, so we float here to take it away on the turn.

I guess I assumed it would be implied that we're talking about the types of hands you bet on the turn for value. I mean, we're not floating here, we're playing the value of our hand. The scenario above is obviously completely different and your objectives in betting the turn are not even remotely the same. I mean, you don't think you're bluffing do you? What are you trying to do with your bet vs his range for the flop c/r?

2. what hands can we be expecting to be folding out? after his c/r is he checking the turn with a hand like a set? im repping strength and if he thinks i have a hand like AK im going broke with why wouldnt he try and get it AI

I'm not 100% sure what your question is. If you're asking what his range for this move is, I have no idea b/c I've never been c/r'd twice in a row here that I can recall as I'd nearly always check behind the turn. I've also never gone for a double c/r because it seems sort of donkish and only a profitable line vs a monkey with no concept of pot control when reaaaaaly deep or something. I'd rather just bet, bet, bet.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:16 PM

yeah b/f-ing is horrible on the turn. b/c or check behind.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 PM

i feel that given my line im repping at worse AK, however i had a small pp. if i had AK and i bet the turn im calling the shove. so granted i dont have AK,and i dont think he does either so i lead turn and get c/r all in.

i guess the point of the post was to see if i repped AK well up to the 2nd c/r and i feel if i had that hand, itd be close, but id still call the shove and id expect to be behind a decent amt of the time. also given my line is there still alot of hands he shoves here. i dont see him doing this with Ax but def think the first c/r is viable given Ax but after i call and lead turn for him to c/r again he has to have a monster