Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: ***July LC Thread*** - Yeah it\'s late...

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, posting is up another 18% and has almost doubled in the last few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

good to hear.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thx, if it goes well I think 100nl on FT would be a good addition as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should keep it a little less specific. Like NLHU cash games on FT.

BTW, posting is up another 18% and has almost doubled in the last few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, I noticed. Exactly the time since Im here. Its nothing like when I first posted.

not sure whether I like it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

no kidding, I have a lot to thank you guys for.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:04 PM

man, I wish I had that video making software. I was putting on a CLINIC last night. Took that FOOL to SCHOOL!!

BOOYA!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:41 PM

Before the start of the $10 sng he asked me:

"Take it easy on me ive been getting killed"

I really tried to. This is the first hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1500)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t100</font>, Hero calls t40.

Flop: (t200) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, BB calls t150.

Turn: (t500) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t350</font>, BB calls t350.

River: (t1200) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t900 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t900 (All-In).

Final Pot: t3000

BB has Qc Kh (straight, ace high).
Hero has Ts Ac (full house, tens full of aces).
Outcome: Hero wins t3000.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM

So I have been getting flooded with coaching requests, more than I can handle so Im going to make this post as a place to send prospective students so I dont have to send emails out individually to each new student. Im looking to coach ONLY 3-4 students so that I will be able to offer them each fully tailored coaching program as of right now I am coaching 10+ so Im sorry I will not be able to continue coaching all of you, I have had no complaints so far but it is really becoming hard for me to keep up and I dont want this. As of right now I am also charging $100 an hour up from my original $50.

For Prospective Students:
-You get one 15 minute initial session I will talk minimal strategy during this time but I want to give you an idea of what you are paying for.
-Your first strategy session is $50 an hour for up to 1.5 hours of study, normally this would be a live review of a hand history you sent me, a live sweat followed by a live hand review, or a live review of a video you send me Im open to suggestions but these have always worked out best.
-From then on sessions will be $100 an hour, study techniques range from personalized videos, hand history reviews, technical and mathematical discussion, hand reading exercises, live sweats and whatever else comes up. I also am on AIM daily and talk strategy free and answer short questions free of charge.
-I provide hand histories ranging from the 33s+ for $2 each, videos are $25 for 30 minute videos and $35 for hour videos from my small personal library. Personalized videos will be billed for how long it takes to make them as well as all other services that come up.

What do I specialize in?
Glad you asked, I specialize in HU sng up to the $220s and 6-max cash up to $200nl. I am especially good at helping people improve their hand reading abilities and how to manage their image (two essential skills for short handed play). If you are looking to get better at the technical side of the game I can help you but I am going to be honest there are cheaper ways to learn this.

On a final note Id like to apologize to all my students and prospects I took a come one come all mentality that lead to the overflow, I just didnt expect this many requests but I take full responsibility for the problem. I understand if the new prices are too high for you but I have to do whats best for me.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Glad to see this working out so well.

Also, I don't think anybody is going to fault you for raising your prices, supply and demand. With ten people or more wanting your coaching you have to either raise your prices or take a select few that you really want to help improve. Since 50 is already fairly low compared to good coaches, raising your price appears to be the best solution.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:12 PM

AIYA!

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $198.95
Hero (SB): $93.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero calls $0.50, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Flop: ($6) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $195.95</font>, Hero calls all-in for $66.05
Uncalled bet of $105.90 returned to BB
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Turn: ($186.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($186.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $186.10 ($0.50 Rake)

BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Tens) and WON (+$92.55)
Hero had 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Eights and Sixes) and LOST (-$93.05)
Old 07-03-2007, 03:12 PM

not that bad a beat but I worked him into that ai raise
Old 07-03-2007, 03:13 PM

You and your damn limp calls!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM

worst session ever, -3.5 BI and I didn't win a showdown.
Closed Thread