Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: UFC 75

[ QUOTE ]
When/where are you going to post your fullcard write up perfomify?

[/ QUOTE ]

He always posts it on Ufcjunkie.com...usually day before.

What's interesting is it seems a lot of money has landed on sakara in the past day and a half... He moved from +160 to +135 on betcris...and it wasn't me.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Kongo is an absolute stiff..who gasses early
Cro Cop has to win this fight to get the big payday against
Randy...
Hamil is overated...even as a wrestler...he was a Division III champ not a Division I...take Bisping..a better athlete..with more weapons...If Henderson cannot take Quinton down..then he is gonna get ktfo...Quinton has a
huge size advantage...yes he fought poorly against Lindland but..that fight meant absolutly nothing
Old 09-05-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DO,

If Kongo pulls out a victory, do you see him KOing Cro Cop or going to a decision?

EDIT: "And assuming this is just muay thai essentially, kongo looks very very good right now."

What are you referring to with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say that it's essentially muay thai, I mean that neither fighter is going to go for takedowns. It's a standup war, a muay thai fight.

If Kongo pulls out a victory, it could be a KO or a decision. Despite what idiot fanboys will tell you, CroCop can be outstruck. Fedor did it, and if anybody in the UFC could do it, it'd be Kongo. Kongo may be the most one-dimensional HW in the UFC, but it's not like CC is gonna shoot for the takedown. Kongo is a scary striker. Watch a few of those vids.

I think +280 is ridiculous to be quite honest.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your basis for this?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DO,

If Kongo pulls out a victory, do you see him KOing Cro Cop or going to a decision?

EDIT: "And assuming this is just muay thai essentially, kongo looks very very good right now."

What are you referring to with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say that it's essentially muay thai, I mean that neither fighter is going to go for takedowns. It's a standup war, a muay thai fight.

If Kongo pulls out a victory, it could be a KO or a decision. Despite what idiot fanboys will tell you, CroCop can be outstruck. Fedor did it, and if anybody in the UFC could do it, it'd be Kongo. Kongo may be the most one-dimensional HW in the UFC, but it's not like CC is gonna shoot for the takedown. Kongo is a scary striker. Watch a few of those vids.

I think +280 is ridiculous to be quite honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that simple, Many people can outstrike CC in mma...that's true. But the point is...people don't generally outstrike crocop in striking...here's the difference. Vs Fedor and GG crocop has to worry about being taken down when he's striking with them, vs Kongo he will not be. While I don't give this win to CC 90% of the time, I do feel that crocop has all the advantages in this fight except for reach. He seems to have much better footwork and much more explosion based strikes. I'm not gonna put any serious money on CC, but i have a hard time seeing kongo win. Hard enough that I'm not betting anything even if Kongo goes to +300.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cro Cop has to win this fight to get the big payday against
Randy...
Hamil is overated...even as a wrestler...he was a Division III champ not a Division I...take Bisping..a better athlete..with more weapons...If Henderson cannot take Quinton down..then he is gonna get ktfo...Quinton has a
huge size advantage...yes he fought poorly against Lindland but..that fight meant absolutly nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

That fight to me, solidified that Rampage is the favorite. The fact that rampage is able to negate gr wrestling techniques and bjj techniques due to sheer strength is scary...then add in his slightly more technical boxing and absolutely IRON chin and it's hard to see Dan winning. Not that it's a lot by any means...simple repeated GnP would definitely win henderson the fight, i just see rampage doing the damage more often. Plus I see rampage being able to take more damage without problem.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 PM

DO,

I've watched most of those fights. I would like to see the fight with Carmelo Marrero, but I can't find it anywhere. The only fight he's had with any sort of tough competition was against Yvel. He gassed (like someone else mentioned) and lost.

igetbadbeat brought up a good point. Fedor outstruck Cro Cop because he had Mirko worrying about other dynamics in the fight. You keep bringing up that this fight isn't going to the ground like that only help Cheick when it helps Mirko just as much, if not more.

I think there's still some value in Kongo at +280, but I don't think it's as ridiculous a line as you think.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate on this? Everything I'm reading/watching is saying the opposite and pointing out how very sloppy and unpolished Houston is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will elaborate... at some point [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Big question here: What does everyone else base this assessment of Houston on? the twenty seconds of footage they have from the Jardine fight? Anyone using that to try to make an evaluation of the fighter is operating at a serious disadvantage.

I've spent some significant time in his gym on multiple visits in the past three months. I know who he's training with, how, and what.

Houston is much more polished and much more advanced than anyone gives him credit for. He's still got a ways to go before he's ready to face the upper eschelon of 205, but he's going to absolutely demolish someone second (or third) tier like Sakara.

He's got insane conditioning, tremendous power, and a

All that being said (and more to come) I've been getting murdered the last few UFCs, so might be better to fade me than listen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-P

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on what I've seen, I would predict the fight to go much like McFedries vs Sakara. I don't know what happened for mcfedries to win that fight, but I think Sakara would win more often.

Vs Jardine, all I saw was a street brawler with good punching power. Any fighter who slips consequently making jardine think he's hurt and come in foolishly can land heavy shots to win. I guess you've pointed out that since i don' tknow enough about Alexander, maybe I shouldn't put any money on him or against him, but I thought .5u against @ +160 woulda been decent. Your inside knowledge owuld make things completely different so you can't fault our analyzing skills for something that's just not available to us.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DO,

I've watched most of those fights. I would like to see the fight with Carmelo Marrero, but I can't find it anywhere. The only fight he's had with any sort of tough competition was against Yvel. He gassed (like someone else mentioned) and lost.

igetbadbeat brought up a good point. Fedor outstruck Cro Cop because he had Mirko worrying about other dynamics in the fight. You keep bringing up that this fight isn't going to the ground like that only help Cheick when it helps Mirko just as much, if not more.

I think there's still some value in Kongo at +280, but I don't think it's as ridiculous a line as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fight vs Marrera won't give u any info on Kongo other than the fact that Mirko should consider just taking him down and not standing with him. I made a killing off that fight but it still hurt to watch because it's just marrera LnPing and cheick's TD defense looks so horrible...it's almost not fathomable.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:21 PM

I know it doesn't really offer anything in terms of the fight with Mirko, but it's his only fight that went three rounds. Would like to see how his cardio looked.