Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Nut straight 200bbs deep, river pairs board :(

[ QUOTE ]
In the long run you want to fold out J6 in this hand on the flop, but the results have skewed your mindset. The turn card (and the other non-spade 6) was the only card he could have hit that would pay off your oversized turn bet.

Also, I raise this preflop about 95% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being results oriented here, he is often times going to be able to catch a very good second best hand if he sticks around. Say he has T9 and the turn is the Qs, I probably win a big pot. Say he has 56 and turns two pair, or TJ, T8, etc. So many different hands he can have that turn two pair or a straight when I turn a flush or a straight and he loses a lot but just folds his hand if I 3 bet the flop.

And I don't like raising preflop after a shortstack limps and I'm in the SB with suited one gapper and a loose BB left to act. Not a fun spot to be OOP.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Nut straight 200bbs deep, river pairs board :(

I dont understand why people flame you for your play here. I think you played it fine all the way.

River is a clear bet/fold since he like you said mostly have a made hand and never bluffs a worse because of your turn bet.

People, even good players tend to check/call the river way to much if they get scared of the river card instead of trying to put villain on a hand.

If he pushes over you, you need a hell of a good read to call him though.

NH