Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 01:10 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power
Default Re: Bots and the future of online poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, there are billions at stake for the poker sites and I have full confidence that they will do everything they can to protect their cash cows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, you guys are naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say youre correct and the sites are unconcerned about bots and losing business when it becomes common knowledge taht the games are filled with bots. What could we possibly do?

Absolutely nothing.

While my position my be naive, it is the only chance we have to keep making money on line if what the OP states comes to be.

I believe in greed. The sites have all the motivation in the world to protect their investments. Even the short sighted sites will see that an unexpoitable bot infestation will kill off their business. The fish that didn't leave on the advice of guys like me would be decimated twice as quickly between the rake and the bots
Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 AM

While the potential threat of hardly beatably bots will be there definetly, I´m also sure there will be ways for the sites to protect us against them. E.g. webcam technologly is getting better and better, so one way could be that for being allowed to play you have to sit in front of a webcam so that they can randomly watch you (as a person) play (They might force you to place the webcam in a way that they can see your hand/mouse actions plus the screen). Others might be that the big multitabling isn´t allowed anymore and customer support may ask the player qustions live about the play of hands (plus other questions to make sure not to talk to a bot). I´m sure there are lots of ways others than just tracking the hands, and it might mean that there will be quite some changes for us, but since it´s in their (the sites) foremost interest not to lose the players something will be done hopefully.

Martin Aigner
Old 06-02-2007, 01:50 AM

I agree that in time (I mean it is possible right now if the right people worked on it) there will be some very very good bots in pretty much every poker game.

However unlike something like chess where the best chess bots are much better than the top human players, my guess is that the best human players will still be better than the top bots. However they will certainly improve.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While the potential threat of hardly beatably bots will be there definetly, I´m also sure there will be ways for the sites to protect us against them. E.g. webcam technologly is getting better and better, so one way could be that for being allowed to play you have to sit in front of a webcam so that they can randomly watch you (as a person) play (They might force you to place the webcam in a way that they can see your hand/mouse actions plus the screen). Others might be that the big multitabling isn´t allowed anymore and customer support may ask the player qustions live about the play of hands (plus other questions to make sure not to talk to a bot). I´m sure there are lots of ways others than just tracking the hands, and it might mean that there will be quite some changes for us, but since it´s in their (the sites) foremost interest not to lose the players something will be done hopefully.

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible idea and people would never agree to it. Also, how would you jerk one out and play cards at the same time, a favorite past time by many on these boards
Old 06-02-2007, 05:20 AM

Default What about NL tourney play?

Given the mechanical nature of a large part of the mid-late stages, I think a profitable NL tourney bot is already here.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible idea and people would never agree to it. Also, how would you jerk one out and play cards at the same time, a favorite past time by many on these boards

[/ QUOTE ]
Become an exhibitionist, like this hottie (NSFW)
Old 06-02-2007, 05:47 AM

i would absolutely murder bots

bring them on

i welcome bots more than short stacks

but i don't welcome short stack bots

and i am aejones
Old 06-02-2007, 06:38 AM

aejones: NL bots would shortstack, DUCY?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, I would name my NL bot aejwns.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:58 AM

Professional online gaming (fps's) are overrun by bots yet the games are not dead and are now more sponsored then ever...

If great aimers can beat those bots...decents minds can beat bots at poker.