Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 06:24 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]

Nice idea this software... Too bad i already had it 6 months ago...Your software only tries to do what PokerTableScan already does.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO YOU DI-IN'T!!! It's on now. Oh, it's on.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 AM

Does it need PT or will it work with PokerOffice / raw hand histories?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded this program and tried it out. I currently use PTS to table select MS/HSNL and I like it a lot. The server side table scanning of SixthSense is very cool and the program is less computer intensive and more stable than PTS. It was also easy to set up and connect my PokerTracker databases. That said, this program currently is not very good for table selection because the only way to sort tables is some (not very useful in my opinion) measure called "Fish Score." With PTS I can import my Party buddy list and then sort the tables by the number of buddies sitting at each table. I can also create a "fish" profile for anyone with a VPIP > 40 and sort the tables by number of present fish. The server side aspect of SixthSense is very cool and I think the program would be great if I were able to sort tables by other stats. With some changes I would be willing to pay to use this program!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What cts said basicly. PTS is really slow and buggy for me so this sounds like a great idea. The thought of a server side scanning that is stable really appeals to me. I really don't care much for your fish score though, and would like to be able to specify what kind of player I want to sit with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your input guys, seriously.

We've been working very hard on this program, and are extremely excited about its potential.

Since so much of our initial feedback has been requesting more customizable fish scoring/buddy finding options, we've bumped that up on our agenda.
On the client side, the next updates (within a day or two) you can expect to see:
1) Customizable scoring options
2) Working/usable buddy list
3) More accurate 'updated' list
4) Improved Table opening (Doubleclick a table from sixth sense, it scans through your partypoker lobby and opens the table for you! No more checking/searching!)

On the server side, we are upgrading/adding scanners to cover EVERY NLHE and LHE table on Party poker. (excluding beginner tables of course)

Thanks again for the input, fellas. Keep checking back, and help us build this tool the way it will work best for you.

-Dan
Old 07-14-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does it need PT or will it work with PokerOffice / raw hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]
Currently in its alpha version, it does need PT to work. We will be adding support for PokerOffice in the near future though.

It will most likely not be able to work with raw HHs at any point though. Processing massive amounts of hand histories like that takes a LOT of CPU power, and our goal is to make Sixth Sense take up as few resources as possible.

When you're running a HUD, PT, multitabling software, AND the poker lobby, the last thing you need is another resource hog.

Expect PokerOffice support before it goes advances to a paid version of the program.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-14-2006, 12:06 PM

is it constantly scanning the tables on the server side? If not how often. Also would you consider releasing the server software as well so you could run it on a another comp in your house and just connect to it?
Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it constantly scanning the tables on the server side? If not how often. Also would you consider releasing the server software as well so you could run it on a another comp in your house and just connect to it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Before today, the servers were constantly scanning, and updated about once every minute (sometimes two, depending on lag and the # of tables available) for the full list of mid-high NL and LHE tables.

Today's server upgrade (I finished it literally 2 minutes before typing this response) resulted in the ENTIRE NL and LHE lists (low stakes included now too), at the same refresh rate, with more reliability.

We have considered releasing the scanner software with Sixth Sense, but so far have decided against it.
1) it would take a completely dedicated CPU
2) It would be a complicated upgrade that not many would take advantage of
3) we have a LOOOONG list of upgrades that would take priority over an upgrade like this.

Despite not being able to run the scanner yourself, using the list generated by our server should be just as accurate (probably moreso) than if you were operating it on your own system.

Hope this answers your question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Dan
Old 07-14-2006, 01:12 PM

What information is being sent from my computer to the server? How can we be assured that nothing personal is being uploaded? I'm awful weary of any program that needs to connect to a server, especially when its coming from a new/unreputable poster....

PS. Charging for a beta is beyond ridiculous and you might be the first ever to try and do so....
Old 07-14-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We arent even sure how advanced the program will be by the time we have a full release, so we do not yet know how much the final version will cost. But it will most likely be on a monthly basis, seeing as we will regularly be doing upgrades and maintaining the server/lists.

[/ QUOTE ]

As one software company owner to another, I'd like to offer some advice. The only reason your software accesses your servers is for a table list, correct? Something that could be done on the client machine. I honestly don't see many people paying monthly for this. Make it an option. Have a subscription service for people who want to offload the processing, and have a one-time payment option for those who don't. If you don't, I believe you'll severely limit your potential number of users.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As one software company owner to another, I'd like to offer some advice. The only reason your software accesses your servers is for a table list, correct? Something that could be done on the client machine. I honestly don't see many people paying monthly for this. Make it an option. Have a subscription service for people who want to offload the processing, and have a one-time payment option for those who don't. If you don't, I believe you'll severely limit your potential number of users.

[/ QUOTE ]

One MAJOR thing that I think is being overlooked (and I probably didnt make a big enough point of it) is that the final version will support a variety of different sites.

For example
Say you want to search for the most profitable tables in NL100-400 on PartyPoker, Crypto, Prima, and B2B. If the scanner was client side - ALL of these lobbies would need to be opened, and would have to be scanned separately. The process would take probably 5-10 minutes, and by the time you're done - the best seats could have been taken, the best tables could be broken up, etc. A LOT happens within 5-10 minutes.

Once we support server side scanning of these sites, not only will you be able to generate an entire list that is less than a few minutes old, you dont even have to have a single lobby open. You can pick your best tables over a list of sites without even logging in.

I do like your suggestion for a fully-client-side version for a 1-time fee. Such a program would be much more limited in capability, and take up a decent amount of CPU load than a server-run list...but if there is a demand, we would work on such an upgrade.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-14-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What information is being sent from my computer to the server? How can we be assured that nothing personal is being uploaded? I'm awful weary of any program that needs to connect to a server, especially when its coming from a new/unreputable poster....

PS. Charging for a beta is beyond ridiculous and you might be the first ever to try and do so....

[/ QUOTE ]

No personal information is being sent to our server whatsoever. (except for your email address when you sign up)

Honestly, any software you download could be connecting to a server without you knowing it.

You are correct that it is hard to trust a new poster, but I hope to gain the trust of the forums through excellent support, question+answer sessions on this thread, and upgrades based on feedback in this thread.

As for the paid beta - When we release the beta, it will be when we (and our users) believe it is a good enough service to be worth a payment. And this will be when we have full PartyPoker support and most of the bugs are worked out.

We could just as easily call it a full release when that day comes, because it will be a worthy product.

Keep checking back. We have been very devoted to this project from the beginning, and I would like to continue to build my credibility and prove that we would not do anything to jeopardize all of the time and effort we put into Sixth Sense.

Thanks for your time,
Dan