Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: 100r small boat

villain has already open-limped early.. he's very likely a limpy-loo kinda guy...
villain doesn't expect hero to have a 2 because most people don't complete the sb with a hand that has a 2 in it

ak is def the nuts to this guy on this river imo.. villain expects hero to show up w/ a10 type stuff a lot i think.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is shoving a hand in between A3 and a2 here soooooo rarely that it doesnt even matter that he has a7 1/200 times, and K2s or some [censored] like 1/100 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with this,

There are like 7/900 hands that beat A2, and the marginal chances that he has anything between A2 and A3 makes them very different
Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm starting to see why hs cash players are able to pwn deep stacked nl tourneys with nothing more than a basic understanding of how to play tournament poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you aren't and can't am i rite? stop being such a cocky bastard

edit - even tho his range is like 99 and AA. people love to limp pairs. annoying fold to make but i think the right one, god knows I would have to pry my finger away from call though. Limptards raising a postflop street usually means the nuts though, espec on this board.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:13 PM

Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm starting to see why hs cash players are able to pwn deep stacked nl tourneys with nothing more than a basic understanding of how to play tournament poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, i suck...i should have thought for at least three seconds on this hand, and i would have folded. knee jerk reactions are for cocky bastards who cant fold boats that have the relative value of 3rd pair

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i love how you come into the MTT forum asking for advice and then do the typical cash game player bashing tourney players routine when people offer their opinions. especially considering you stacked off just like most of the people here would have.

i agree that in theory this is a fold. but without a strong read on the player, i would never fold here in a tournament. since cash game players always say tourney players are so bad, why do you wanna assume that he realizes that shoving two pair or AK would basically be a bluff? i've seen people do really stupid things and would not feel comfortable at all laying this down.

also blueman please explain the value in completing here with A2o.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, i suck...i should have thought for at least three seconds on this hand, and i would have folded. knee jerk reactions are for cocky bastards who cant fold boats that have the relative value of 3rd pair

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i love how you come into the MTT forum asking for advice and then do the typical cash game player bashing tourney players routine when people offer their opinions. especially considering you stacked off just like most of the people here would have.

i agree that in theory this is a fold. but without a strong read on the player, i would never fold here in a tournament. since cash game players always say tourney players are so bad, why do you wanna assume that he realizes that shoving two pair or AK would basically be a bluff? i've seen people do really stupid things and would not feel comfortable at all laying this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't feel comfortable laying this down either, but i wouldn't turbo call, people don't RAISE the river as a bluff NEARLY enough for this to be a turbo call. it's just something people don't do, they don't turn one pair hands into a bluff. tournament players in general (the bad ones) are so uncreative and predictable, they will always take a certain line with a certain hand, and obviously there are very rare times that someone is SHOVING not just minraising or something else donkish less than 2% of the time so that the difference between Ax and A2 is that negligible.

if you want to argue that the 2% of the time is in fact the difference in this hand according to his bluff raise frequency, well then, go ahead, because you have a more accurate read on this hand than villian or potripper.

[ QUOTE ]

also blueman please explain the value in completing here with A2o.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will explain the value in it. folding here is terrible. you're getting infinite to 1 preflop and w eplay better than everyone postflop, aside from the times we get insane coolered, we'll stand to wni a big pot when we flop a big hand.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 PM

i don't think you understand the absolutes and how weighted bad players ranges are that allow us holy cash game players! to make such 'thin' reads or whatever
Old 11-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM

yea i know you're gettin good odds, but how often are you going to flop trips, two pair, or a straight?

edit: do you remember what the blinds/antes were? im gunna guess it was 500/1000 so 900 in antes + 2500 for limp and blinds so you'd be getting 3400/500 or just less than 7:1. That doesn't seem like enough when you're only hoping for trips, two pair, or a straight. plus you could potentially lose a decent amount when you just flop top pair despite your postflop advantage.