Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: NL100: light 3betting street by street

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT BET THE TURN UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO FIRE TWO BARRELS AT IT.

IT *WILL* TAKE TWO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I presume he wasn't 3betting for value

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-23-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think pre-flop is fine once in a while, even against a tight player, because you don't to want to ONLY 3-bet QQ+/AK, as that makes you really readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

the great thing about having a very active image in general is that when you 3 bet a nit they will make a stand with tt based on your aggro image even though you haven't once ever 3 bet their utg open, and still rarely 3 bet them when then open in late position.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think pre-flop is fine once in a while, even against a tight player, because you don't to want to ONLY 3-bet QQ+/AK, as that makes you really readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i both disagree and disagree... there's no need to have the same 3bet range against *everey* player at the table. lets say you play a session of 300 hands with him.. how accurately will he be able to pin down your 3bet range against him during this time?
if there's one or two loose raisers that you 3bet lighter he will surely be influenced by that when you 3bet him. (that is if he's paying attention at all to your play)

lets say that you actually only 3bet QQ+/AK against this guys openraises, how many hands does it take between the 2 of you for him to somewhat accurately define your range? i'm guessing a lot.

remember, during this, you may have another 3bet range against other opponents...
Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think pre-flop is fine once in a while, even against a tight player, because you don't to want to ONLY 3-bet QQ+/AK, as that makes you really readable. I guess I'm alone on that though. I'd much rather 3-bet 87 suited than like JJ here because it's much easier to drop 87s than JJ when he plays back at you, either preflop or on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather 3-bet 22 though than 87 because a hand like 22 is gonna be real simple to play on the flop and has a better chance of flopping a stack hand AND leaves your opponent with more cards to catch his Ace or King those times you do flop a stack hand

And you don't really mind getting 4bet that much, your implied odds aren't all that against a tight player yet you will be hard-pressed to float a cbet on most flops

Also with 22 you don't find yourself pot stuck with some pair+draw combo when you're a dog to villain's range

In short I agree that it's important to mix up your 3-betting somewhat but think that small pairs are better for the job than SCs given 100bb stacks
Old 08-23-2007, 06:28 AM

I don't know why people want to the bet light against someone like this. Isn't it easier to call in position. Float the flop and shut down on the turn UI? I think players like this aren't usually 2 barrelling us with out a big hand and often c/f the turn.

And also wouldn't a raise on the flop be less expensive and accomplish nearly the same thing? We call the $4 PF. Raise to $23 when he cbets and usually take it down? As opposed to raising to $12 PF, and having to bet $18 or so on the flop?

Anyone want to expand on 3betting light vs calling and raising certain flops?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:32 AM

Surely when you 3-bet this guy with 78 and get your 8 high flop you need to c-bet?

Like was said before, if you bet the turn you need to bet the river, so betting the flop folds out a whole bunch of hands that now beat you on the turn.

Thing is, from what I'm reading a bet on the flop = bluff because he has TT+/AK? Bet on the flop folds out al the Ace hands..... but a bet on the turn vs this guy can fold out all the TT+ hands.

So, if you knew the turn was going to be an ace, would you fire at flop and turn ?

As played I would check/fold.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:34 AM

Preflop is awful. 3-betting 22 is awful too.

Flop is a really standard check back.

Bet 18 on the turn and pot a blank river if called.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's def better than 3betting 87 although I don't like either here. Do you disagree?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's def better than 3betting 87

[/ QUOTE ]

It's better in that if someone forced me to 3-bet and gave me the choice between the hands, I'd take 22. It's worse in that the alternative (calling) is much better with 22.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 AM

I dont think he will crai with 1010 or JJ here often.. I would check flop and if he wanted to crai on flop he will fire turn if he have AK he will check turn offten here and then you can try to take away pot..