Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Treatment Towards Beggar

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
making eye contact is perfectly fine, but you have to say something if you do, otherwise they will hastle you. i lived in nyc for several years and found that the easiest thing for me is to just acknowledge them and say something like sorry, or no change.

they won't hastle you if you acknowledge them and say that you aren't going to give them anything. you don't need to yell at anyone. generally if you treat them respectfully like a human being they will treat you the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'll hassle you if you look like the kinda shook ass white boy who will give them some money. the more you respect or acknowledge them the more they're going to bother you.

your approach is retarded and you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i generally look them in the eye and say i don't have any change. i've never been hassled twice. i guarantee you look a lot more shook if you try not to even acknowledge them.

also, you're retarded and wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

anything you say to a bum is fodder for a story. you don't have any change? how about a dollar for the bus? i'll paint your picture for five dollars. wanna buy some sneakers?

my bad. you're right NT! the bums i'm dealing with must be cleveland bums or miami bums transplanted to nyc. i feel bad for you man. just keep walking down the street with a blank stare. i guess that's all i can say.

NT! also, i think your avatar is hilarious. talk about hypocritical.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
making eye contact is perfectly fine, but you have to say something if you do, otherwise they will hastle you. i lived in nyc for several years and found that the easiest thing for me is to just acknowledge them and say something like sorry, or no change.

they won't hastle you if you acknowledge them and say that you aren't going to give them anything. you don't need to yell at anyone. generally if you treat them respectfully like a human being they will treat you the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'll hassle you if you look like the kinda shook ass white boy who will give them some money. the more you respect or acknowledge them the more they're going to bother you.

your approach is retarded and you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i generally look them in the eye and say i don't have any change. i've never been hassled twice. i guarantee you look a lot more shook if you try not to even acknowledge them.

also, you're retarded and wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

anything you say to a bum is fodder for a story. you don't have any change? how about a dollar for the bus? i'll paint your picture for five dollars. wanna buy some sneakers?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably because you look like a scared shook white boy.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i have an avatar from a movie and that makes me hypocritical. lol. internet is serious business!

whatever, waste your time talking to bums all you want, i save my breath.

you're talking about hypocrisy. every time you get asked for change, do you actually have no change? no. you lie probably three quarters of the time. how is lying better?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:36 AM

NT!, you're just being real rude. acting like I am making things up. I just gave my opinion on the subject. There's no reason to call me a retard. It just makes you look bad.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the most unintentionally awesome thing I've read on twoplustwo in a while.

Of course you are hypocritical NT. You won't make eye contact with bums, but you are very quick to point out any tidbit of police brutality from the sheriff of malibu. Shame on thee!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i have an avatar from a movie and that makes me hypocritical. lol. internet is serious business!

whatever, waste your time talking to bums all you want, i save my breath.

you're talking about hypocrisy. every time you get asked for change, do you actually have no change? no. you lie probably three quarters of the time. how is lying better?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just giving options. generally I say "sorry" and just keep walking. and i have spent a decent amount of time talking with many "bums". it wasn't a waste of time at all. just because you're on the street doesn't mean you don't have anything important to say.

I was just joking about the avatar. I thought it was comical that you have the dude in your avatar (the king of the bums). it is funny is it not?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:39 AM

I lived in Poughkeepsie for a year without investigating the neighborhood I was moving into first, I definitely had to deal with aggressive street folk, but usually a second sorry man before they got rolling into the story worked. They kinda roved in groups, so it seemed like a bad idea to completely ignore them.

[censored] Poughkeepsie by the way.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:40 AM

in my experience, if you treat people with respect, they will respect you. no matter who they are or what they do. just my 2 cents.