Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: i hate these types of spots...preflop checkup with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dlpnyc21,
this is a results-orientated post right? this is a very standard call and i'm sure you know that, i'm guessing he had AA/KK and that make you doubt yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a fking results oriented post...i hate it when people on 2p2 say that

[/ QUOTE ]

but you do realize why people say that alot in your posts, right? bc u come off as prob the most results oriented player who frequently posts on this forum. You say things like, "i knew i should have folded, he showed the nuts", after everyone else said it was a call. you do this ALL the time.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:15 PM

didn't flexduck do this w/52ss once?
Old 06-20-2007, 04:17 PM

Villan in the hand was a regular at 200NL 2 months ago and a pretty bad reg at that FWIW
Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dlpnyc21,
this is a results-orientated post right? this is a very standard call and i'm sure you know that, i'm guessing he had AA/KK and that make you doubt yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a fking results oriented post...i hate it when people on 2p2 say that

[/ QUOTE ]

but you do realize why people say that alot in your posts, right? bc u come off as prob the most results oriented player who frequently posts on this forum. You say things like, "i knew i should have folded, he showed the nuts", after everyone else said it was a call. you do this ALL the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure...in the end 2p2 offers great advice the vast majority of the time and that is what i look for in posts. really, i could care less if i won or lost the hand, i only care about whether or not i made the right decision for the long term and short term (meta game v. the specific hand i posted). i really don't like posting results in general, in the future i will only do so if asked.

dlpnyc21
Old 06-20-2007, 05:02 PM

has nothing to do with including the results after people have responded. i think that is a good idea and wish more people did actually.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:21 PM

call
Old 06-20-2007, 06:30 PM

This guy is routinely massively out of line preflop, so I would call quickly vs him
Old 06-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Just out of interest, what range would people call with here? Against this type of player i'd probably call with JJ+ and AQs+. Thoughts?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dlpnyc21,

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a fking results oriented post...i hate it when people on 2p2 say that...it's basically a math post, i guess...when you have this action, are people simply bluffing here with an overbet shove with 3 PEOPLE LEFT TO ACT ? if he does this with any frequency at all he is just plain spewing...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. havnt read entire thread

2. how much of an issue are these people left to act? doesnt the fact that they didnt pop his open raise mean that they arnt really an issue to villain and therefore hes only concerned with your squeezing range?

they would have to be thinking that you squeeze light and villain would have to know that they thought this in order him to have any reason to worry about them

therefore i call this [censored] bc i dont think that the people to act behind villain ,besides you, are an issue
Old 06-21-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing...I actually wouldn't fold AK in this specific spot since there is a ton of money already in (because you squeezed behind a raiser and TWO callers), but if it was a standard squeeze between a raise and a call I MIGHT fold (still probably not, but w/e).

[/ QUOTE ]

your saying your calling range is looser since there are 2 cold callers instead of 1? shouldn't it be tighter since the original raiser would have a tighter range with an extra person in?