Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: One of the toughest hands I\'ve played - 200NL

c/c is also awful here
Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has A/x and isn't folding if you bet?

At least that's what the turn check behind usually means here. Either AT or A/xss. C/f ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sort of what I was thinking and I though c/shove would be pretty sick here against anything up to about 120.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has A/x and isn't folding if you bet?

At least that's what the turn check behind usually means here. Either AT or A/xss. C/f ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sort of what I was thinking and I though c/shove would be pretty sick here against anything up to about 120.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting looked up a fair amount. You're repping what, AQ played in an odd fashion?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM

AQ, AA might play this way, maybe I was looking to get it all in on the 'safe' turn but missed my c/r with a set. Point is, his range is filled with lots of air and second or third pairs even his tp hands are weak here and will often just not want to call off that last half buy-in.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ, AA might play this way, maybe I was looking to get it all in on the 'safe' turn but missed my c/r with a set. Point is, his range is filled with lots of air and second or third pairs even his tp hands are weak here and will often just not want to call off that last half buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather donk the turn with AQ/AA than try to c/r with it, and I think most good players would too. I also expect AA to maybe shove a fair amount on flop, being OOP, and he could fold AQ on flop.

I dunno, still seems pretty narrow. When you consider the range, and what percentage of that range is taking this line on all 3 streets.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Dont think anyone mentioned 99 surely this is in his range looks like the sort of bet hes a big hand but is trying to protect it.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM

if you guys have really been going at it in these co v btn scenarios, i wouldn't mind a shove.

i dont like just calling his raise.

typically, i would just fold here.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather donk the turn with AQ/AA than try to c/r with it, and I think most good players would too. I also expect AA to maybe shove a fair amount on flop, being OOP, and he could fold AQ on flop.

I dunno, still seems pretty narrow. When you consider the range, and what percentage of that range is taking this line on all 3 streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is the same hand on the flop as KQ (except KQ has more equity against hands that beat it) and everyone wants to dump KQ here lightening fast but they're shoving AA?

Not sure why you'd donk AA here on the turn when your opponent is soooo likely to fire his entire range at that card.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is the same hand on the flop as KQ (except KQ has more equity against hands that beat it) and everyone wants to dump KQ here lightening fast but they're shoving AA?

Not sure why you'd donk AA here on the turn when your opponent is soooo likely to fire his entire range at that card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always see a TAG reraise all in with AA on any draw board, regardless of the exact texture of it.

I think he can have any random flush OESD a lot, and I don't think he'd bet the turn with it that much. The other strong hands will want to get it in regardless.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont think anyone mentioned 99 surely this is in his range looks like the sort of bet hes a big hand but is trying to protect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. He bets that 100% of the time on the turn.