Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Olbermann - \"Republicans are acting like terrorists\"

Ok I'll let it drop because I do take offense that my post was a troll post. Apparently you didn't mean in that way. There's a huge difference between my post and Whiskey's post IMO. Bluff is pointing out that starting threads like the one that Whiskey wrote is trolling basically. My post was an attempt to provide balance to a controversy that anatta posted about. Big, huge difference in my mind. Read Mickey's response to my post. The link I provided could very well make Limbaugh look even worse than anatta made him look in many people's viewpoints.

Look at the posts Whiskey has started recently.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point I am making is that if you are going to give a link or exerpt to an statement that basically assumes the truth of that statement, and also fail to argue why it is true, then all a poster is doing is trolling.

Note that whiskey could have titled this thread "Are the repubs acting like terrorists?", gave that link and an excerpt, and then given his reasons to support an affirmative answer to that question, which would be a legitimate way of fostering honest debate, setting aside for the moment the extremist label of "terrorist". Instead he just spouted some rhetorical highly inflammatory catch phrases and offered no reasons that such were true.

This is also similar to the difference between idiot congressman of either party making propagandistic speeches to empty galleries for the benefit of constituents back home, and making similar statements before their full body when they know they will have to actually defend such arguements in a real debate.

The day in day out tactic of the OP and others in this forum is to drop a rhetoric bomb, whether of their own making or cribbed from another source, and then leave and seldom return to their own thread to back up those assertions. Indeed if they return and post again it is usually just to sprinkle in some more rhetoric without reasons for same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not only a load of BS, it is the height of hypocrisy. Need I once again resurrect this thread? Or do you consider adding the commentary "BluffTHIS! says spinTHAT!" to be substantive proof of the assertions you relied on?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:58 PM

Elliot,

Naturally as one of this forum's premier propaganda bomb droppers you would object to my objections to this thread. And of course you accuse me of being disingenuous when it is you who are being so. My excerpt provided evidence and reasons, and I did in fact give a short paragraph and not just the ending line you quote, saying what I believed the import of that excerpt was. Whereas all whiskey has done is to give the conclusion of Obermann without any of his reasons for same or the use of a highly inflammatory label like "terrorist", nor any reasoning of his own (whiskey's).

Note too that in your previous thread where you asserted a right to violate fair use provisions of copyright law at your own discretion and gave an entire article by that guy which got cut down by the mods, you were too lazy or didn't care enough to go back and make a reasonable excerpt and try to justify his assertions. Link to that thread
Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Naturally as one of this forum's premier propaganda bomb droppers you would object to my objections to this thread. And of course you accuse me of being disingenuous when it is you who are being so. My excerpt provided evidence and reasons, and I did in fact give a short paragraph and not just the ending line you quote, saying what I believed the import of that excerpt was. Whereas all whiskey has done is to give the conclusion of Obermann without any of his reasons for same or the use of a highly inflammatory label like "terrorist", nor any reasoning of his own (whiskey's).

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahaha

Naturally, as a long-time observer of your post I am well-positioned to call you out on your hypocricy. Your post was EXACTLY the type of thing you are now claiming is somehow out-of-bounds.

Also, let's note that whiskey linked to a VIDEO. He summarized it and gave the punch line. Apparently you believe he needed to get a stenographer to transcribe it, too, but forgive the rest of us for not going along with such nonsense.

[ QUOTE ]
Note too that in your previous thread where you asserted a right to violate fair use provisions of copyright law at your own discretion and gave an entire article by that guy which got cut down by the mods, you were too lazy or didn't care enough to go back and make a reasonable excerpt and try to justify his assertions. Link to that thread

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahaha

Nice try at changing the subject, but my post was clearly not about the substance of Olbermann's remarks, it was about his making them at all. As for your comments on copyright law, I will debate that law with you anytime, anywhere. Indeed, I invite you to start a new post on the subject. You simply do not know what you are talking about and you owe me an apology.

Since all of you want to attack each other instead of discuss Politics in this thread, locked.
Closed Thread