Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: NL50 - Line check on AK, top pair on flop

I prefer the bet bet bet line. Seriously you have TPTK vs an idiot. Bet the turn and then shove the river. You get value from weaker aces all day here.

I hate the turn check for "pot control" on this board. The only reason I would check this turn is to c/r AI, but I think that line makes us appear stronger than we are so he may actually fold to the c/r.

bet bet bet.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer the bet bet bet line. Seriously you have TPTK vs an idiot. Bet the turn and then shove the river.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you serious? How does "Villain is 24/4/4.6 over about 70 hands" make him an idiot?

[ QUOTE ]

The only reason I would check this turn is to c/r AI, but I think that line makes us appear stronger than we are so he may actually fold to the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]How can we c/r when we have position?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:13 AM

24/4/4.6

meaning he limps or calls A TON PREFLOP. Hes way too passive preflop. This is a sign of a bad player.

Hes also very aggro post flop (over the last 70 hands) with an aggro factor of 4.6. Meaning he probably splashes around a lot when he decides to play. He played this hand passively so far. Pound it into him.

I misread the hand and thought we were OOP. Since we are in position, I bet here frequently.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:31 AM

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I noticed the preflop numbers but didn't thought that much about them.

I'm not so sure about the post-flop part. We have an passive preflop, aggressive postflop player who suddenly plays his hand passive. I wouldn't know if that's a great hand or a weak hand (say a weaker ace) but my NL experience is limited. I think a WTSD% would help here.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:46 AM

When I first read the post I was thinking, "so what, he wants to know whether to call or shove?"

Against this villain I like the turn check but I instacall river, and give thought to shoving. Villain limps a lot preflop making his range fairly wide here; the fact that he's aggressive postflop means that he is probably someone capable of floating etc. The fact that this aggressive villain checked twice probably means he's either got a strong hand that he plans on check/raising on the turn (or c/c shove any river)or he plans on check/folding turn. Not really any draws to be worried about either.

I really like the way you played this hand up until the river. You made a good raise preflop, put up a good continuation bet, and then slowed down on a dry board where you're WA/WB and could easily induce a bluff, or at the very least slowplay to underrepresent your hand setting up for a value bet. When he leads into you I think you've underrepped your hand and trapped him into an aggressive bet; you're ahead a large percentage of the time. Unfortunately, I don't see anything worse than AQ calling if you shove, so I just call, because shoving folds out most of what we beat and never folds a better hand.

Edit: The only reason I'm even considering shoving here is because I don't think villain EVER has pure air here. His stats don't indicate that he's that crazy, and you've really shown strength by betting into 4 people, one of whom left to act, in an already large pot. If the flop had a 2flush that missed I'd probably bet turn to begin with, but as played I wouldn't even think of raising.