Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Beat: Nearing busto - What to do?

[ QUOTE ]
Either

A) You've pinpointed the problem you have as a poker player (Too many shots at MTTs, refusing to play within your roll)

or

B) You suck at poker and are just like every other average idiot who has no clue what they're doing but still thinks they're a "winning player"

You should probably not be a [censored] and just practice good BR management for a while to see which one is the truth

[/ QUOTE ]
qtf, this might come off as a bit harsh but it's very good advice and I'd listen to the man.

personally I think it's heavily weighted towards B and most other players likely think so as well but only you can prove this wrong.

edit: and the ONLY way to prove this wrong is not to whine about bad beats, but to transform yourself back into a consistent winning player.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:55 AM

u got a pic? post it i play at turning stone quite often
Old 05-31-2007, 04:58 AM

Losing players aren't winning players..
Old 05-31-2007, 05:06 AM

Wtf are u spending so much on mtts for if you are supposed to be playing semi professionaly. Discipline is a huge part of being a winning player. The variance in these mtts is huge. Seeing as how a very bad streak multitabling cash tables can last for a couple of weeks, think about how long a bad streak you could be looking at playing mtts.

And how can you still call yourself a winning player if you've been 'running bad' aka losing since october?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Either

A) You've pinpointed the problem you have as a poker player (Too many shots at MTTs, refusing to play within your roll)

or

B) You suck at poker and are just like every other average idiot who has no clue what they're doing but still thinks they're a "winning player"

You should probably not be a [censored] and just practice good BR management for a while to see which one is the truth

[/ QUOTE ]
qtf, this might come off as a bit harsh but it's very good advice and I'd listen to the man.

personally I think it's heavily weighted towards B and most other players likely think so as well but only you can prove this wrong.

edit: and the ONLY way to prove this wrong is not to whine about bad beats, but to transform yourself back into a consistent winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's def not B, Sharkscope has me up a decent amount of money with a good ROI, I've been using PT and I'm a winner over a significant number of hands.

UpstateAA,
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...nt=karstan.jpg
Old 05-31-2007, 05:18 AM

I'm profitable overall by far. Right now I'm not a winning player but this is due to my poor bankroll management skills. This isn't speculation, it's fact. If I did not take so many shots, I would be making a steady $. In October I was playing way within my bankroll, as I went on a downswing and had to pay for certain things, I moved down, but not enough, and when things got really bad I was unable to move down to the level that I needed to.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 AM

Wouldn't a losing player have to have a -EV in games he plays. Sharkscope me ImNotSoGood(stars), I'm def not -EV. If a player was +EV but ripped his money into pieces would he be considered a losing player. Maybe by technicality but I think you should get what I'm saying.

My bankroll management is a huge problem that I need to face if I continue playing. Any advice here on stopping yourself from playing out of your bankroll? It sounds stupid, but I say to myself I am going to play within my bankroll and grind, but I can never listen to myself. It makes me feel terrible and weak, and It needs to change.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:41 AM

I never argued that you aren't a winning player overall. I just contended that it's very possible (but not certain and perhaps not even probably) that you aren't a winning player ANYMORE. I know many people that feel they are solid, winning players that aren't.

I consider bankroll management to be a crucial part of your poker 'skill'. Many others disagree, but in many cases, it's just as important as being good at the game. Like the one guy said, buckle down, play within your bankroll, and prove that you are a winner. That's the best thing you can do for yourself. Quite honestly I don't know what kind of advice to give someone to help them stay in their bankroll. You just have to have the mental discipline to force yourself to do it and that has almost never been a problem for me. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:18 AM

50k hands a month at NL100 AT 8BB/100 is about $4k a month + c.$1k RB

$5K a month sounds ok to me.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:29 AM

why are you saying getting a job is a beat? what the [censored] do you think 99% of the worlds population are doing. if only 5% win online and you are in an 8 month downswing then you arent one of them. grow up. stop taking poker so seriously and get a life.

people who think putting their money in ahead = 100% profit make me lol out loud. You probably wouldnt have your roll in the first place without the worst hand winning once in a while.