Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Resolution to Tilt technical problems costing me several k in equi

Man, I quit FT 6 months ago because of the terrible connection and software. It cost me equity too many times. A 500 'bonus' (which probably pauses your rakeback) would never be enough to get me to play there again. Stars never drops on me like FT did. They won't ever admit fault because that could be used against them in a suit (I'm guessing), but everyone knows full tilt has problems.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars never drops on me like FT did.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, they hand out massive amounts of bad beats instead...

Funny thing is, I have only experienced disconnection problems with Full Tilt on very few occasions. I must have very reliable routers on the line from my home to FTP servers.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I quit FT 6 months ago because of the terrible connection and software. It cost me equity too many times. A 500 'bonus' (which probably pauses your rakeback) would never be enough to get me to play there again. Stars never drops on me like FT did. They won't ever admit fault because that could be used against them in a suit (I'm guessing), but everyone knows full tilt has problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point. Bond you should at least make sure they don't count this against your MGR. Just say the word and FTP will be getting an e-mail from me about this incident.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:08 AM

I was thinking about signing up to FT and depositing 600 bucks (big for me, if not most of the posters here)

This post has made me reconsider.

Don't know if its worth mentioning to them, but if they ever read this thread it might worry them a bit.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:38 AM

I play on stars much more than FTP and I am constantly having connection problems on FTP...especially getting connected the first time. Very rare that I have that problem on stars. I have played on Absolute only a few time but never had a single problem there.

FWIW
Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 PM

I think Doug has proven himself to be very trustworthy and if he believes that it is not Full Tilt's problem in this case I am inclined to believe him.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:50 PM

earck, DOug is likely a fine fellow, trustworthy, reliable and all that - and, the Pocketkings/FTP technology folks at Cherrywood Science & Technology Park Dublin (deep tech support could be anywhere these days)are probably very very good, but, in my opinion, it is not responsible for any support person at any business trying to attract/maintain money paying customers to dismiss a "disconnect" as simply not their problem. The text "disconnected" that shows up on the user screen end of any business appplication can mean whatever the software creator wishes it to mean. A properly run technology organization, supporting business critical infrastructure ought to be open to addressing user complaints about service levels, e.g., disconnects, slow response time, etc & seriously pursue. They don't have to admit any liability by doing so, but, they should commit to trying to find out what actually happened. Any decent tech shop has the people, processes and tools to do this. It is not rocket science, but, it is involved/time consuming. If they do not, then you are taking on more risk by using "go with God" software.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:53 PM

You make a fair point