Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: In SF playing US Am

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody going over the weekend? I'm thinking of catching the finals on Sunday. I've never been to a live golf event so i'm sort of excited, but not really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool thing about the Am is that there are no ropes. You'll be able to walk right behind the player and caddie.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody going over the weekend? I'm thinking of catching the finals on Sunday. I've never been to a live golf event so i'm sort of excited, but not really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be. Whoever makes the final, get a quick bio on the players and head over. It'll be enjoyable.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I'll keep yall updated on how I am doing....

[/ QUOTE ]

lies.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 AM

Hey, sorry for the belated update. Unfortunately, I got knocked out after the first two rounds. Couldn't make a putt inside of 10 feet. Sad thing is, it was one of those rounds were you play real well and still shoot horrible. I would make awesome sand shots or chips from that deep rough only to be 6 ft away and miss the putt. I played 12 holes of Ocean the first day, and 24 holes(18 holes on Lake) the next day due to fog delays.

79-80 ugh.

On a side note, after the tourney I had a blast in SF. Went to a Giants game, Muir woods, Mt. Diablo St. Park, and ate some awesome food. Not many attractive girls that I could see in SF though.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, sorry for the belated update. Unfortunately, I got knocked out after the first two rounds. Couldn't make a putt inside of 10 feet. Sad thing is, it was one of those rounds were you play real well and still shoot horrible. I would make awesome sand shots or chips from that deep rough only to be 6 ft away and miss the putt. I played 12 holes of Ocean the first day, and 24 holes(18 holes on Lake) the next day due to fog delays.

79-80 ugh.

On a side note, after the tourney I had a blast in SF. Went to a Giants game, Muir woods, Mt. Diablo St. Park, and ate some awesome food. Not many attractive girls that I could see in SF though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're Jeff New? Starting with three bogies didn't help!

Just looking at the website and didn't realize that so many people qualified for the US Amateur. 312 players, I didn't realize there were so many.