Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Am I a chicken to fold? (200NL 6max)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
d)plz stop mixing in min raises

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? In my experiences a lot of people get suspicious and confused. And that is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

the idea isn't to confuse people its to stack them...and people never put you on small pp when you r in ep...so theyre already confused...the only thing you accomplish is letting people in and creating a multiway pot when youre vulnerable...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hit a set I like to have an inflated pot with more people in it. There is a better chance that someone will have a pair or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, you're missing the point here by a lot...i dont have time to go through it cause i have to go to work but quickly youre going to hit a set 1 in 8 times...the other 7 you'd like to have a good shot at winning the pot...you're not going to be winning a lot of pots unimproved multiway after you've min raised + because its a min raise you open yourself to all sorts of shots pf and on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand why a standard raise is good, and as I wrote I min-raise only to mix it up (instead of limping).
So the question why do you think min-raising less good than limping?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I understand why a standard raise is good, and as I wrote I min-raise only to mix it up (instead of limping).
So the question why do you think min-raising less good than limping?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are both generally poor in 6max. I'm pretty sure at least 98% of this board plays raise or fold when they're first in the pot.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:09 AM

yup limping is also bad...this isnt the place to mix up your play and most people dont notice anyway
Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It really depends on the table too, but I raise with 77 most of the time, mixing in some limps or minraises [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I feel that early position limping means small PP in the eye of a lot of players, so my hand is readable. Do you think this is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, at least people can put you on a narrow range if you usually don't limp QQ+,AKs,AQ,etc. That's why, adjust: Either limp with really strong hands too or stop limping at all.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:28 AM

raise preflop
get all in on turn
Old 06-27-2007, 08:29 AM

I don't really mind people mixing up their play. I think people can be really closed minded sometimes, and I know some very good players that are much more successful than me that like to limp, min-raise, and raise different amounts here pre-flop.

I think pre-flop play can change a lot from situation to situation. Min-raising may be the most profitable way to play your hand if you feel your on a loose-passive table where everyone has at least 100 BBs, and you're just building the pot. I'm sure there's other situations given prior play, your image etc. that can make a min-raise the greatest EV way to play it.

Onto the hand, I don't think you should fold here even. I think you will see a draw, two pair, AJ, or a bluff too often to fold.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 AM

the only thing questionable about pf is that you should be open-raising any PP against reasoable-deep stacks to make it easier to get it all in when you hit your set. the turn looks like set-overset to me, but i'm a donk and would probably call and cry when he shows set of sixes.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:17 AM

yes. that's one of the reasons you should raise 22.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 AM

if you hit a set, you want and inflated pot, but not more people in it.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 AM

Raise pf to buy fold-equity. Min-raise is horrible because you don't get FE and you don't build the pot enough to assure stackage when you hit. Mostly you just waste 1bb.

Mixing up is totally unnecessary at SSNL and usually a waste of effort and resources.

As played, pf is a super standard call.

Felt the turn 99% of the time, 1% being reserved for when you have a ninja-read on villain or he shows you a higher set.

Win-rate is meaningless after 200 hands. It's even meaningless after 2k hands, and probably not that accurate after 20k hands.