Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Someone please help me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I say stupid things like that to my husband when I'm drunk, too. "Felicia likes anal."

[/ QUOTE ]

][ QUOTE ]
You talk to you husband in the third person? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never claimed I was sane.

[ QUOTE ]
Boy, do I regret that in the morning! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that makes one of you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was hoping someone would get that one. Figures, would be the shrink!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM

Felicia Lee for president
Old 03-31-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Felicia Lee for Dictator for Life

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 01:04 PM

katy,

"I don't want to be the one who bans him because you guys don't know how paranoid I am of the internet. I'm afraid he will track me down and murder me."

This and other comments you made in the thread make it seem like you are genuininely disturbed by this stuff.

However, I just went to take a look at some of JJN's posts and saw this thread by you: "Ask the 2+2 Ladies Your Questions" with the following joke in the OP: "(unless of course it's about 3-somes and then we would be glad to answer ok I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

Of course it is your right to post whatever you want and people shouldn't send you inappropriate stuff. However, given the effect that had on you, I think it's a big mistake of you to make threads like that drawing attention to yourself and making jokes like that. I also frankly think it's probably a mistake for you to be a mod and such an active participant in the Lounge and 2+2.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
katy,

"I don't want to be the one who bans him because you guys don't know how paranoid I am of the internet. I'm afraid he will track me down and murder me."

This and other comments you made in the thread make it seem like you are genuininely disturbed by this stuff.

However, I just went to take a look at some of JJN's posts and saw this thread by you: "Ask the 2+2 Ladies Your Questions" with the following joke in the OP: "(unless of course it's about 3-somes and then we would be glad to answer ok I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

Of course it is your right to post whatever you want and people shouldn't send you inappropriate stuff. However, given the effect that had on you, I think it's a big mistake of you to make threads like that drawing attention to yourself and making jokes like that. I also frankly think it's probably a mistake for you to be a mod and such an active participant in the Lounge and 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post makes me very very angry.

Edit: To elaborate, unless this was a joke, which is entirely possible, you are essentially telling someone that because she has been harassed by an unbalanced poster, she should never post anything remotely sexual, be a mod, or be an active poster.

It is not a fun thing to be a woman on the internet sometimes. You learn that at any time, someone who has up to that point seemed like a perfectly well-balanced and nice person, someone you have had friendly and positive thoughts toward, could turn hostile and nasty, for no other reason than that you are a woman.

It's upsetting and a bit scary, especially when someone reads threads in OOT where posters use the tiniest scrap of information to go trainwreck some innocent third party.

If you are implying that katyseagull drew unwelcome attention to her with that joke, here's some news: women don't have to try to attract attention on the internet...welcome or otherwise. Katy could post nothing but recipes and someone like JJNJustin who is already a little off is still perfectly capable of sending her harassing pms.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:44 PM

Katy's participation in the lounge is an asset and shouldn't be respresented as a cherry-picked single sentence that was a joke in a very popular and helpful thread.

JJN's crude PMs after she rejected his advances were way over the line, and I do hope she's learnt how to handle these in future.

I find the insinuation she brought this on herself, and that she best disengaging from active participating on these forums remarkably unhelpful and, well, ludicrous.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Felicia Lee for president

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys are silly. But thanks. I was just trying to use some comedy relief for Katy.

Odd that I don't get mod abuse. Then again, I'm not as nice as her. Plus I have a feeling most posters think I'm a guy. I remember back in 2003 when we had some kind of poll or something about if there were really any female posters on 2+2. It's amazing that guys really will not believe that some women really are women. Of course, in my case it's understandable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And now, to totally hijack this thread (sorry, Katy), this is a real life "stupid things I say when I'm drunk" post. Keeping in mind I never really drank alcohol until the end of 2004, lol, so I, um, experimented with different types. Vodka is goot!

You Know You Are Too Drunk When...
Old 03-31-2007, 02:41 PM

All,

I was drunk last night, shouldnt have banned jjnjustin. ill unban now and let admins decide
Old 03-31-2007, 05:31 PM

I've read this thread a couple times now, and I'm not sure if I should add anything to [censored]'s ban. Do you guys think that was enough for him to get the message?

What's your opinion now katy? If you'd rather discuss this by PM, please feel free to respond that way.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read this thread a couple times now, and I'm not sure if I should add anything to [censored]'s ban. Do you guys think that was enough for him to get the message?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan, I see that JJN is now unbanned. Shouldn't there be some type of brief note placed in his already large note section documenting this brouhaha?