Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: question about child support

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm proposing a new law. Under the current laws, yes the man should know the risks before sticking it in, but why should it be that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ... so why can't I do whatever I want and not have to take responsibility for my actions? great idea...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, because woman have the legal right to abort any legal or financial responsibilities for a baby despite engaging in actions that result in a fetus that will turn into a baby. She has this legal right so the man deserves the same legal right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the man would have that right if he had to carry the baby to term ... oops, guess there are differences...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, woman were not born with 'this right'. It is man made. Therefore it is open to debate and open to be changed or expanded upon at the will of the people.

They can still 'carry the baby to term' if they choose. They just get to pay for it all by themselves.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My proposed solution: if a girl gets pregnant she has the right to get an abortion. When she chooses not to have an abortion she has decided to take the baby and all the responsibilities for the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your not ready to burden yourself with the risks and responsibility of having sex with women then a better solution for you is to have a monogomous relationship with your hand.

Stu

"Now I know how Exxon feels......One spill and I end up paying for it for the rest of my life" - Al Bundy

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get them to suck you off (and make sure they swallow).
Old 04-13-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Women have the right to cut off any parental responsibility be that legal and or financial prior to birth and the man should have the same right. It is simple don't let people talk you into rationalizing situations where you get the short end of the stick unfairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a result from the design of our bodies heterosexual women are much more likely to get infected with HIV than heterosexual sex men. Is that fair? Nope. Don't dellude yourself into thinking mother nature is fair.

Nature gave the women all the power in this matter not some laws men have scribbled onto paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can have the baby, I don't want to take that power nature gave to them, (they can pay for it too).
Old 04-13-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My proposed solution: if a girl gets pregnant she has the right to get an abortion. When she chooses not to have an abortion she has decided to take the baby and all the responsibilities for the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your not ready to burden yourself with the risks and responsibility of having sex with women then a better solution for you is to have a monogomous relationship with your hand.

Stu

"Now I know how Exxon feels......One spill and I end up paying for it for the rest of my life" - Al Bundy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget nature's condom, SIIHP!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

and the man did choose. he chose to stick his thing in her, he knows the risks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, with this logic, there's no reason for abortions to be legal.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is very important that you make sure she swallows. If she inseminates herself with sperm from fellatio, you are stuck with child support payments. Also, if you plan on selling your sperm to a sperm bank, make sure to give them false information. If a woman breaks into the sperm bank and steals their records, you will be forced to pay child support. Also, if a woman rapes a 12 year old boy, well, too bad for him, he’s stuck with child support.

Straight dope

These laws that assume a child has the right to two parents are antiquated. They may have made sense 50 years ago. But now, women have the means to obtain good paying jobs, and now, there is no stigma attached to a woman who wants to raise a child on her own. Also, abortions are now safe and legal, we have morning after pills and a huge demand for babies put up for adoption.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They can have the baby, I don't want to take that power nature gave to them, (they can pay for it too).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Bkholdem,

Imagine a world where all responsibility in this matter is legally removed from men. Would men still be entitled to sue for custody/visition rights? In all honesty probably not. Especially in situations where women choose not to accept any support at all from the father.

Women have all the power, but they don't have all the rights. If you take aways a mans responsibility you will end up also taking away his rights. That might fly for you, but I doub't it flys for most men.

Stu
Old 04-14-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Bkholdem,

Imagine a world where all responsibility in this matter is legally removed from men. Would men still be entitled to sue for custody/visition rights? In all honesty probably not. Especially in situations where women choose not to accept any support at all from the father.

Women have all the power, but they don't have all the rights. If you take aways a mans responsibility you will end up also taking away his rights. That might fly for you, but I doub't it flys for most men.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

What I am saying is that since women are allowed to take an action (abortion) prior to birth in order to alleviate all financial and legal responsibility of parenthood, men should have the same option. Of course they can't force the woman to have an abortion but we could have it set up so when an unwed woman gets pregnant she needs to notify the potential fathers. Then they can decide to take an action to alleviate any future legal and financial responsibility of parenthood (by going to court and signing some official document).

That would be fair.

The fact that it would make it less convenient for women than they have it now is not relevant.

And as for a mans rights, he doesn't have any now! If you get some girl pregant you have NO SAY in what happens. She decides. And after the birth SHE DECIDES. You have to go to court to get visitation (if she doesn't want to work things out through negotiating with you).

She is the costodial parent and is the one that makes decisions for the child, not you. You need to take her to court to get an order to be allowed to see your own child if she decides you can't (for any reason she pulls out her ass).

How would you loose these wonderful rights under what I propose?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if a woman rapes a 12 year old boy, well, too bad for him, he’s stuck with child support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the boy counter sued the women for all the damages he suffered because she raped him? If he did I suspect he ends up with a huge overall net gain(monetarily speaking).

Stu
Old 04-14-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And as for a mans rights, he doesn't have any now! If you get some girl pregant you have NO SAY in what happens. She decides. And after the birth SHE DECIDES. You have to go to court to get visitation (if she doesn't want to work things out through negotiating with you).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely wrong here. The father can sue for total custody or visitation rights. If he had no rights he could not sue. If he did sue without legal rights his case would be summarily dismissed.

The mistake you're making is you pretend a mans rights don't exist becuase the ones he does have don't appeal to you. Naturally your inclined to give up the few rights a man does have in order to relinquish his responsibility.

Stu