Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Hilarious Vick article by Deion Sanders

I REALLY hope this thread becomes another argument about dog fighting, dogs vs. humans, people who don't have pets not understanding why it's sick, etc. 2+2 needs another one of these threads.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:29 PM

does anyone else remember the radio character from vice city who was an ex football player who owned the used car shop? i couldnt read that article without translating it to his voice in my head
Old 07-26-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I REALLY hope this thread becomes another argument about dog fighting, dogs vs. humans, people who don't have pets not understanding why it's sick, etc. 2+2 needs another one of these threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid that every football thread could turn into that this season. Should just sticky the Vick indictment thread and make it the official vick thread. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Really not that bad.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:51 PM

Does dog fighting even have a ringleader? From what I can gather, it's just a bunch of groups that own "kennels" and organize fights with other "kennels." From that perspective, Vick is the ringleader.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really not that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
The article? No, it is really bad.

First of all, it's horribly written. But the point it makes is non sequitur. Just because the media hasn't made as big a production of other supposedly more serious crime does not make what Vick did better, or lessen punishment. I'm upset, theoretically, about the lack of progress in the Darrent Williams case, but that has no impact on the Vick case.

If this parallel is ever brought up, it can only be to crucify the media. Any other implications just don't hold water.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aces,

no, but it's a big deal. Also, iggy is only half correct.. Kobe caught it pretty damn hard from the media. Maybe not quite this bad, but it wasn't just brushed over. It even lingered after all signs pointed to the girl being a gold digger and Kobe was cleared of the charges.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, Kobe had a squeaky-clean image at the time, and wasn't some overhyped, often-in-trouble punk. He was (and is) actually the real deal in his sport.

The guy who subbed on Colin Cowherd's ESPN show today lacerated this article pretty well. Anyone who thinks it's not that bad has a pretty f'd up perspective. And while there may be 100's of things worse, where do we cut off, at the 100th worst thing someone can do? Where does Vandalism fit into that then, should that never be prosecuted? How about forgery or identity theft?

Seriously, I read some of these comments and wonder just wtf what wrong with some of you while you were growing up to be so ignorant.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:02 PM

I was very disappointed by the article. It wasn't that funny or stupid.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really not that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
The article? No, it is really bad.

First of all, it's horribly written. But the point it makes is non sequitur. Just because the media hasn't made as big a production of other supposedly more serious crime does not make what Vick did better, or lessen punishment. I'm upset, theoretically, about the lack of progress in the Darrent Williams case, but that has no impact on the Vick case.

If this parallel is ever brought up, it can only be to crucify the media. Any other implications just don't hold water.

[/ QUOTE ]

The various errors in the writing are quite obvious, obvious enough that it's not that hard to overlook -- look who's writing it. But the pervading points he touches on are quite worthy of discussion.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:06 PM

I thought we settled that in the last thread?

I enjoy eating the occasional Wendy's hamburger, so it's ok for Michael Vick to shoot a dog in the face with a gun at point blank range.