Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Re: I am looking to live anywhere in Europe like a King.

prague.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Portugal can be surprisingly cheap from what I've been told by people who grew up there. Amazingly cheap. And many parts of it are very beautiful, even the cheap parts.

But to live cheap, you have to have cheap tastes, in western Europe. If a little fishing village is fine for you, it's one thing. If you want a place with 40 movie theaters, DSL, and all the extras, and bad points too, of a big city, you're going to be shelling out the bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Portugal is very cheap, even in the cities. I have been there many times and stayed for long-ish periods of time and it has never costed me much.

One of the best things about the country is that you are never far from a stunningly beautiful beach. If you live about 1 hour outside the capital you can have internet and satellite TV, eat and live for relatively little, and get to places like this in no time...

One thing though is youll likely need to get a car, even if you dont use it often.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 AM

Well, I've been living in Spain a couple of times (Malaga and Zaragoza).. I shared an apartment and paid 150€ a month which is VERY cheap. Then food, booze and internet adds it up to at least 400-450€ if you live cheap...if you want it cheaper then that try Poland..I heard it's really cheap.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well you must live in the some ultra exclusive gated community. I backpacked around london for 6 months on 300$ no probs.

His major problem will be finding reliable internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

$300 = approx £170...

£170 a month won't get you LIVING in london....u may be able to stay in hostels....but thats not living in London..

[/ QUOTE ]

Look.

Maybe he wont be able to afford your Champagne and caviar lifestyle, he may not (I say it is debatable) be able to live like a King but should be able to easily manage the lifestyle of an Earl or even a Viscount.

However a good internet connection will be his biggest problem (come on you cant argue about that!) as I am not even sure they have the interweb in London yet.

Also when in London make sure not to be overly sarcastic as there residents especialy those living in the suburbs often dont pick up on it unless you laddle it on realy thick.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:12 PM

how about idaho? it's going to be cheaper than anywhere in europe. cost of living in europe in general is ridiculous, manhattan is cheap in comparison to paris, london, milan, berlin...
Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 PM

Have you considered Lagos, Nigeria? It is a beautiful city, filled with vibrant, trustworthy people.

I will happily rent you a room in my estate for $300/month, my friend. If you are interested, please forward me your banking information so that I can begin processing your rental application.

Your friend,

Idi
Old 01-09-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also when in London make sure not to be overly sarcastic as there residents especialy those living in the suburbs often dont pick up on it unless you laddle it on realy thick.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they don't pick up on it, why do you have to make sure you're not overly sarcastic?

I think actually their residents, especially those living in the suburbs, actually do pick up on it, and feel sorry for you. Especially when they see your spelling, punctuation and grammar.

And I'm not ladling on really thick.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:32 PM

Most east european countries are quite cheap... However stay clear of touristic cities such as prague or budapest. I hear latvia is dirt cheap as is slovenia, and croatia.

To whoever said London, good joke. $300 will not even pay for 2 nights out in London. Forget about it.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they don't pick up on it, why do you have to make sure you're not overly sarcastic?

I think actually their residents, especially those living in the suburbs, actually do pick up on it, and feel sorry for you. Especially when they see your spelling, punctuation and grammar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that they were pedantic twats.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Diebitter. Here is my reasons for the post you edited.

OP: I want to Live in Europe on 300$

Me: Try London.

Suburban Londoner: London are you out of your [censored] mind. Or total failure to pick up that my suggestion was obviously sarcasm.

Me. Well I backpacked for 6 months in London (In reality I lived there for 2 years till I decided I didnt like balck bogies) and I lived off 300$ fine but the OP will have most problems GETTING RELIABLE INTERNET.

Suburban London Guy/Vavoom: Another post demonstrating total failure to spot the fact I am being sarcastic.

Me: A post that should hopefully make the fact I am being sarcastic obvious to even Vavoom.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that they were pedantic twats.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Diebitter. Here is my reasons for the post you edited.

OP: I want to Live in Europe on 300$

Me: Try London.

Suburban Londoner: London are you out of your [censored] mind. Or total failure to pick up that my suggestion was obviously sarcasm.

Me. Well I backpacked for 6 months in London (In reality I lived there for 2 years till I decided I didnt like balck bogies) and I lived off 300$ fine but the OP will have most problems GETTING RELIABLE INTERNET.

Suburban London Guy/Vavoom: Another post demonstrating total failure to spot the fact I am being sarcastic.

Me: A post that should hopefully make the fact I am being sarcastic obvious to even Vavoom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kule. Lets goe boweling.