Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Unfounded Accusations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As long as we are speaking of things biblical, an earlier post on this thread used the title "Christ" as an expletive. I know that we aren't shy about being offensive in this forum, and I don't mind a good joke or, as they said on Leave it to Beaver, "giving someone the business". But please be aware that many faiths, including many Christians, find such usage very offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus [censored] Christ! Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very serious. When I was a child, parents actually punished their children for "taking the name of the Lord in vain." If you don't know what that means, check out the ten commandments--it's in there.

I am a Christian, and I take that seriously. However, I am also considerate enough that I wouldn't joke about Allah or the wearing of the veil in front of Muslims, or make fun of Orthodox Jews, or talk about eating a steak in front of a Hindu.

It doesn't matter whether you and I have the same beliefs or not. It's about courtesy and respect for others.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 PM

I'm not real crazy about that expression either, even though my son seems to be quite fond of it these days. Not too many words bother me, but the use of that expression was taught to be a real no-no and still makes me cringe.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As long as we are speaking of things biblical, an earlier post on this thread used the title "Christ" as an expletive. I know that we aren't shy about being offensive in this forum, and I don't mind a good joke or, as they said on Leave it to Beaver, "giving someone the business". But please be aware that many faiths, including many Christians, find such usage very offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very serious. When I was a child, parents actually punished their children for "taking the name of the Lord in vain." If you don't know what that means, check out the ten commandments--it's in there.

I am a Christian, and I take that seriously. However, I am also considerate enough that I wouldn't joke about Allah or the wearing of the veil in front of Muslims, or make fun of Orthodox Jews, or talk about eating a steak in front of a Hindu.

It doesn't matter whether you and I have the same beliefs or not. It's about courtesy and respect for others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect you enough to realize you're a free person who can say what you want to say. I have my own beliefs, but I don't go around expecting other people to care what they are or change their behavior because of them.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:05 PM

Jesus christ this thread got retarded up in a hurry. More dramabomb links plz.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"RoundGay" seems to be a favorite among my really funny-ass friends.

[/ QUOTE ]
You probably deserve it for asking everyone you know to call you "RoundGuy."
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 PM

I am Boticus
Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How about "Jesus H. Christ"? I've always found that to be somewhat more tasteful since it implies that we're not talking about THE Jesus Christ, but more like Jesus Horatio Christ, illegal Mexican immigrant moonlighting as a plummer in San Diego or something.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not real crazy about that expression either, even though my son seems to be quite fond of it these days. Not too many words bother me, but the use of that expression was taught to be a real no-no and still makes me cringe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spare the rod and spoil the child, that's in the bible, you know. Not a commandment but ottabee.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if is said "Keeeeeeeee Rist(long i)" is that bad?

Edit/MH: TTHRIC
Closed Thread