Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Help me wit the biggest cash pots Ive played (Commerce)...

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i think hand one is a MUCH MUCH MUCH easier call than hand 2. granted i make both, but on hand 2 i say fkfkfkfkfkfkfkfk damnit theres a flush draw CALL. hand one i just say 'meh' then call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I also like your play in both hands, except your 3-bet seems pretty big unless I'm missing something.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i think hand one is a MUCH MUCH MUCH easier call than hand 2. granted i make both, but on hand 2 i say fkfkfkfkfkfkfkfk damnit theres a flush draw CALL. hand one i just say 'meh' then call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I also like your play in both hands, except your 3-bet seems pretty big unless I'm missing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a bit big, id make it lik 320, but 350 is prob fine with stacks. fwiw i hate 3 betting hands like JTo, but in this spot i think its fine and u played hand great.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:42 AM

The way the hand played out on Hand1, i think you have to call. On hand 2, its very hard to lay that down to a non solid player. hmm, crying call?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I somehow found myself in that situation, played the hand badly on all streets and then had that river to face, I think I am folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhhh
Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Well, against this type of player in a typical Commerce game there is really very little to be gained from a squeeze from the SB. I love the play if your opponents are "v weak woman" and "tight old man." But here, meh. These players want to see flops, chase draws and trap you. So, charge them to see flops when you are way ahead, charge them to chase draws that are too thin for the price, and don't let them trap you.

Having said that you played the rest of the hand fine in my opinion as long as you snap call the river. He rates to be stabbing at the turn and then later putting you on a missed spade draw so call ship.

Hand number 2 I don't love the preflop play either. But the only reason you would ever call preflop is because you think the villain will stack off every time you make your set. The dude abides, presto.

BTW, when faced with goofy tiny bets a good rule of thumb is to just treat it like a check. That is, if you were going to make a pot sized bet if checked to, then just make a pot sized raise when donk-bet at. Obviously there are exceptions but this hand doesn't seem to be one of them. I like your raise amounts just fine.

Now, if you had called both of these and won, neither would seem very interesting to you... so I'm guessing you folded hand 1 and think you shouldn't have and called hand 2 and think you shouldn't have????

Irieguy
Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 PM

Call Call
Old 02-20-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I somehow found myself in that situation, played the hand badly on all streets and then had that river to face, I think I am folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dno why u guys think he played the hand badly. i think he played it just fine, and i have a strong feeling that he was right on this one, and wrong on the other one.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM

As said, against those commerce donks, do not squeeze with crap because you will be [censored] badly OOP with marginal hands... I like your play after the flop and the river seems to be an obvious call against a bad player who is capable of bluffing..

Hand 2 seems tough.. I love to stick money in with my sexy Set and I think it's a wrong advise to say that the PF call was bad.. Effective Stacks are 4k as you pointed out and you are getting very very good implied odds.. With your position and those guys I would set mine all day long and never fold it PF. For me it matters a lot how hand 1 ended up.. because it might give us an indication what villian is up to (tilt, scared, overconfident etc..). Is he capable to overplay an Overpair or 2pair on this board? If so I like a call..
Guess I would call hand 2 anyways but doesn't feel that good..
Old 02-20-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not how live fish think. I think if this board was rainbow it chagnes the hand like not at all. Looks like the villian in hand #2 thinks he has the best hand for sure with his min-bet leading. But depending on how bad he is it could be a hand you crush. He prolly shows up with the QQ/KK/AA here all the time.

Hand #1 call.