View Poll Results: bluffblank
Exactly what I expected 2 11.11%
Pretty much what I expected 7 38.89%
Kinda what I expected 6 33.33%
Not really what I expected 3 16.67%
Definitely not what I expected 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: What\'s with the no kids guilt trip?

Fluff, holy [censored] your a chick and you don't want kids? WTF?!

Seriously though, at least its a lot easier for you to find a potential partner where this issue isn't a time bomb.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:46 PM

It's not super rare, I know at least four normal women (early-mid 20's) who say they don't want kids.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fluff, holy [censored] your a chick and you don't want kids? WTF?!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took a random sample of women with more than a thousand posts on an internet poker forum, you probably wouldn't find that they're exactly typical. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 10:58 PM

Fluffpop: Most elaborate KKF gimmick of all time?...or KKF?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:23 PM

Tons of chicks claim they don't want kids when they're young. They usually end up squeezing out a couple of pups eventually.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:49 PM

Have a close fraternity brother who, only after I've known the guy for 10+ years, told me over beers that he and his wife didn't want and would never have kids. I suspected it but we had never really talked about it until my wife and I were getting ready to start trying...

We had a long talk and he mentioned that he hates to bring it up to anyone because he gets the same krap that OP brings up - people making them feel like a freak. He talked about their reasons, and we talked about why I wanted to have kids...

I definitely see where he's coming from - and can totally see myself enjoying doing the "married no kids can go anywhere and do anything - hey we're going to go get drunk and travel and blah blah blah" thing. At times it's cool to imagine how free I'd be without a kid.... But I'll admit my first reaction was "really, wow! why not?". And for me, having a kid (now 3 1/2 months old) validates that this is one of those things I was meant to do... and I didn't realize how cool it would be.

Anyways, the people giving you a hard time are the ones who have an issue, not you. It's a life choice, like deciding to join the army, deciding to go into x career, etc. The people you care about, and who care about you, are ones you can be honest with. For the others, who really cares... you can fun with them by saying "well, you decided to be a xxx, right? geez, what's wrong with you? oh, and what's the difference between that and me not wanting to have a kid?" to put it in perspective for people who you might want to be friendly with.

And/or screw around with people who you couldn't care if you never saw again "well, unfortunately my double-Y chromosome gives me a 98% probability of birthing a violent sex-offender, so under doctors guidance, I've been chemically castrated...."

Prize for the funniest BS reason why Bond18 won't have a kid...
Old 09-16-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not super rare, I know at least four normal women (early-mid 20's) who say they don't want kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew a few women in this age group back in the day who didn't want kids either. Now they all have kids.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:19 AM

Bond,

I liked you a whole lot better before you posted in OOT.

-Nutshot2
Old 09-16-2007, 08:59 AM

I think I'm one of the people you are talking about OP. It's not a guilt trip, I don't think your a bad person for not wanting kids. I am giving you that look because having children is something I see as so natural, instinctual and awesome that it shocks me to hear you don't want any part of it. It's almost like telling someone out of the blue your gay (both being counter to gene survival), only giving them no warning.

I don't think you are a bad person in any way for not wanting kids, if anything it does the world good, we don't need anymore people. Just surprised.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:08 AM

Kids are noisy messy smelly and ask stupid questions. Why would you want more people like that in your life?