Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: QQ, gimme some lines along the way

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why does tight -> bet more?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd guess because if you're tighter your hand range is stronger and if it's stronger you don't mind building larger pots. but if your hand range is weaker in general it benefits you to play smaller pots so when you do have to make tougher decisions (which you must do more often than a tighter player) it isn't for as much money.

i doubt this matters much though unless we're talking a massive difference in looseness or tightness. looser players can also avoid playing bigger pots more often by checking more postflop for pot control (or check-folding more often) or raising a smaller amount pf, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt it at all. bet size should be a function of your hand range, your opponents hand range and therefore both your betting frequency and his call/raise frequency.

edit: i shouldnt say that isnt it at all, but if this were the only reason than betting $40 here isnt all that great.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: QQ, gimme some lines along the way

i thought we were saying ceteris paribus how should our image affect how much we bet on this board ... that was the only reason i could come up with really. i don't really see what you're getting at, and tbh in this situation i don't really see much reason to vary your betsize as long as it's like at least 2/3 and not more than full pot (as long as that betsizing is standard for you)