Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: I have decided to buy a Wii!

RE4 is a tremendous value at $29.

I've been playing it for weeks and I dont think I'm even halfway through it. Not the kind of game you get "stuck" on either, its just a very long game but it stays interesting enough to keep you wanting to play more.

Also, the wii-mote works great for aiming in shooters like this. Just point and blast.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM

I thought Rayman was terrible as well.

Trauma center is great but does not have much replay value.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought Rayman was terrible as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it somewhat entertaining, but with little to no replay value even in a party setting. So basically I enjoy playing it with new people but when it's the same people over I don't like it much. I think the shock of the absurdity of some of the things you do is an important part of its entertainment value. Once you get over that animated rabbits are doing this random or violent [censored] then it's far less fun.

Having said that of the few who have regularly played my wii, there are a couple who really like the game.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 AM

Strikers is the most fun I've had playing a videogame since Starcraft or Goldeneye.

Bad part about Strikers is it's too complex of a game with too tough of controls for you to turn into a party game. I've tried having it out when random people who are over wanna play something multiplayer, it doesn't work well. But if you have a few friends who are good at videogames or are willing to devote the time to get good, it's seriously amazing.

As for more of partyish games, the only two that ever get used here are Mario Party and Wii Sports, since both are easy enough for anyone to pick up and play and feel competent.

Oh also, Tiger Woods can work well in the right crowd.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:18 AM

That's the annoying thing about some Nintendo games. Same with Smash Bros Melee for Cube. When I got it me and my friends all had fun learning all the new moves and smashing each other into oblivion. Then I beat all the single player stuff for fun(and to get all the characters and levels), and suddenly I'm way above everyone else beating 1v1's with 5/5 lives and 3 people constantly ganging up on me.

These games are easy to pick up and play but there's always that hidden lair of deepness that completely changes the game. Good thing for Wii and Mario Party that any idiot can mash buttons and randomly win games.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 PM

my gf loves playing coop strikers even though she sucks at it and I can't get past crystal with her.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:06 PM

Buy Super Mario Galaxy when it's released.

WarioWare is also quite good - loads of fun mini games etc.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 PM

I finally bought one of these! Had to stand in line at Target this morning to get it. Pretty impressive for a game that has been selling a year.

I'm very impressed. I hate console with a mad passion, but completely love this thing.

Need to go get the network adapter tomorrow and then I'll post my number.

So far, TWG 08 and the little Pool game from the pack with the extra controller rock. Oh, and the wife digs the table hockey.

That's about as far as we've gotten so far.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 04:35 AM

That table hockey game has produced so many drunken "OH NO I SCORED ON MYSELF!!" moments I couldn't even try to count them all. Even if Wii Play was just the tanks game, it woulda been worth it, in my opinion. (HINT: Cackle maniacally at the top of your lungs while blasting away with a friend, it enhances the experience)

Mario Party is great if you realize that you have control over who wins. You can turn off the bonus stars to make sure that people with skill win every time. Or if you're playing with new people/girlfriends, turn them on and let them win something for once.

Rayman, Warioware, Monkeyball, etc, these games made excellent rentals, but I wouldn't want to buy them. Same goes for Carnival Games, my friend bought it, but it kinda gets old after a few days. All the unlockables seem really phoned in. But if you love tons of mini-games, these work perfectly.

I bought Zelda, played it a little bit, and realized I just didn't care. Sold that one.. I didn't buy the Wii for single player, it's so amazingly fun for it's multiplayer aspects.